Where is your happy place that you go to in your mind when everything seems chao

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image57
    Della30posted 4 years ago

Where is your happy place that you go to in your mind when everything seems chaotic?

2. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 4 years ago

My happy place is the beach. When I want to relax I think about the beach. When I want to become deeply relaxed I think about the beach, use deep slow belly breathing and tell myself things like "I am becoming more and more relaxed.".

I go to beaches to relax. When I am not at a beach I can relax by thinking about the beach, even if I have not been to the beach in months. Just seeing or hearing the word beach makes me feel a little more relaxed because I associate it with the feeling of being relaxed.

3. Cristale profile image84
    Cristaleposted 4 years ago

My happy place in my mind is a green, lush meadow filled with cute animals. There are butterflies and a beautiful waterfall that make this place peaceful and full of serenity. The birds are chirping and the sky is blue with a bright sun shining. I can smell the wild flowers and feel a cool breeze on my face. I go to that place in my mind often and feel so much better when I come back to reality.

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image79
    LeslieAdrienneposted 4 years ago

I retreat into the safety of the Word of God. I remember His promises of peace and provision... When all around me is in turmoil, God's Word is my refuge and strength.

5. Torrs13 profile image92
    Torrs13posted 4 years ago

That would depend on where I'm at when I was feeling overwhelmed. When I'm at work, I may just step outside or listen to a song in my car for a minute. If I could go somewhere else, the ocean would be my first choice for relaxation. In regular every day life, I would say the trails by the lake it the local frozen yogurt shop. A little sugar mixed with some exercise and beautiful nature seems to do the trick quite well! If I just can't get away from anything, I close my eyes for a minute and take some deep breaths. Sometimes I imagine being at one of the places I mentioned above because that puts my mind at ease.

6. profile image0
    temptor94posted 4 years ago

My mind literally shuts down in a chaotic situation. So the vacuum in my mind becomes my happy place.. or should I call it the empty space smile

7. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Della......Everything can be ( or seem) chaotic for me 7 days a week....because I am a person who never sits still, but has things going on in every direction.  If I'm not working on projects, I'm thinking of more....and am always on-the-go.
    When I feel the need to put the brakes on and find some peace and solitude.......It's my BODY that does the work of taking my MIND elsewhere.   I often will take mini-trips into the countryside.....find a quiet and calming space where Mother Nature displays her glorious beauty & wonders....
    I lose myself in a great book, or I may write for hours.....maybe simply relax and get into deep contemplation of a positive & productive nature.
    I've also been known to call one of several out-of-town friends and ask them if they'd like some company for a day or 2.....A change of scenery & interaction with someone whose company I truly enjoy......helps me forget all about any "chaos."
    Great question!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)