jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where is your happy place that you go to in your mind when everything seems chao

1. profile image60
    Della30posted 3 years ago

Where is your happy place that you go to in your mind when everything seems chaotic?

2. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

My happy place is the beach. When I want to relax I think about the beach. When I want to become deeply relaxed I think about the beach, use deep slow belly breathing and tell myself things like "I am becoming more and more relaxed.".

I go to beaches to relax. When I am not at a beach I can relax by thinking about the beach, even if I have not been to the beach in months. Just seeing or hearing the word beach makes me feel a little more relaxed because I associate it with the feeling of being relaxed.

3. Cristale profile image84
    Cristaleposted 3 years ago

My happy place in my mind is a green, lush meadow filled with cute animals. There are butterflies and a beautiful waterfall that make this place peaceful and full of serenity. The birds are chirping and the sky is blue with a bright sun shining. I can smell the wild flowers and feel a cool breeze on my face. I go to that place in my mind often and feel so much better when I come back to reality.

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image78
    LeslieAdrienneposted 3 years ago

I retreat into the safety of the Word of God. I remember His promises of peace and provision... When all around me is in turmoil, God's Word is my refuge and strength.

5. Torrs13 profile image94
    Torrs13posted 3 years ago

That would depend on where I'm at when I was feeling overwhelmed. When I'm at work, I may just step outside or listen to a song in my car for a minute. If I could go somewhere else, the ocean would be my first choice for relaxation. In regular every day life, I would say the trails by the lake it the local frozen yogurt shop. A little sugar mixed with some exercise and beautiful nature seems to do the trick quite well! If I just can't get away from anything, I close my eyes for a minute and take some deep breaths. Sometimes I imagine being at one of the places I mentioned above because that puts my mind at ease.

6. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

My mind literally shuts down in a chaotic situation. So the vacuum in my mind becomes my happy place.. or should I call it the empty space smile

7. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Della......Everything can be ( or seem) chaotic for me 7 days a week....because I am a person who never sits still, but has things going on in every direction.  If I'm not working on projects, I'm thinking of more....and am always on-the-go.
    When I feel the need to put the brakes on and find some peace and solitude.......It's my BODY that does the work of taking my MIND elsewhere.   I often will take mini-trips into the countryside.....find a quiet and calming space where Mother Nature displays her glorious beauty & wonders....
    I lose myself in a great book, or I may write for hours.....maybe simply relax and get into deep contemplation of a positive & productive nature.
    I've also been known to call one of several out-of-town friends and ask them if they'd like some company for a day or 2.....A change of scenery & interaction with someone whose company I truly enjoy......helps me forget all about any "chaos."
    Great question!

Closed to reply

working