jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Are introverts necessarily lonely?

1. Jennifer Vernacce profile image60
    Jennifer Vernacceposted 3 years ago

Are introverts necessarily lonely?

2. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Not necessarily because being alone doesn't equal loneliness. There are many introverts who have long and happy lives with a number of strong familial and social relationships. For example, I find that I am more energized when I have had some time alone for myself, a classic trait of an introvert. Also, I have little patience for people who are inconsiderate, drama queens, etc. and I would certainly rather be alone than be around these types because they can be draining. I look forward to solitude while many people I know prefer surrounding themselves with others during as many waking hours as possible, just because they don't want to be alone.

1. Jennifer Vernacce profile image60
      Jennifer Vernacceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's a great way to put it. I am too very much an introvert and it seems many just find me strange and don't understand.

2. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

There are some people who are introverts and force themselves to act otherwise and vice versa. In doing so they often come off as fakes. So, just be yourself. Those who matter or at least care will give you the space you need when you need it.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image71
    BlissfulWriterposted 3 years ago

No, introverts are not necessarily lonely.  Because introverts like to be alone a lot of the time.  Extroverts likes to be with people, and so when extroverts see introverts being by themselves, they think it is lonely.  But introverts like it that way.

4. Hendrika profile image82
    Hendrikaposted 3 years ago

No, I am one and have a quite normal social life, but I need alone time from time to time to build up emotional energy

1. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree. It seems that some or many interactions with others can be draining or even boring when others would consider the person, meeting or event awesome.

working