jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Are there fewer extroverts than introverts in the world today?

1. ian 12am profile image86
    ian 12amposted 3 years ago

Are there fewer extroverts than introverts in the world today?

2. Be Like Water profile image80
    Be Like Waterposted 3 years ago

Most people are ambiverts. They show characteristics of both extroverts and introverts. Next are extroverts. They are outgoing, people persons and  they love to be with other people. They socialize well. They love to party. Their interests are outside.

Introverts are unsocial and quiet. They prefer the company of one over a group. They are aware of their feeling and thoughts, and they just don't see the point in a extrovert lifestyle. They spend time ruminating and reading.

Most people I know are ambiverts, some are extroverts, and minority are introverts. An unhealthy ambivert is not an introvert.  so no I don't think there are there are more introverts than extroverts.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Introverts aren't unsocial. That's the misconception that people have of introverts.They prefer to be alone but socialize when they desire to. Also, introverts aren't quiet; they believe in having substantial discussions, not just verbally ruminate.

2. Be Like Water profile image80
      Be Like Waterposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Quiet and unsocial are general characteristics of introverts. I don't mean a recluse but introverts usually prefer to be alone and by nature aren't very chatty. Of course, even if you would prefer not to, you must do some things or pretend to like.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12357702_f260.jpg

No, there are more extroverts than introverts in the world.  Our fast paced, social, post modern, 21st century culture & society place an inordinate emphasis on extroversion.  People who are and/or act extroverted are considered to be more confident, intelligent, mature, likeable, assertive, and/or popular than those who are introverted. 

Extroverted people in our culture & society are more likely to be respected & even being viewed as more valuable than the introvert.  Extroverts are in the majority and that is why extroverted values such as risk-taking, sociability, & competitiveness are valued and prized, even emulated.   Extroverts are viewed as go getters, amicable, and/or self-assured-people love & want to be like them.

1. Be Like Water profile image80
      Be Like Waterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Susan Cain, in her book Quiet: The Power of Introverts, says that one third to half of the Americans are introverts. Just started reading it. I have it on my kindle.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, introverts are in the minority, especially in Western countries. I have her book as well as many books on introversion.  BTW, I am an introvert.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

According to the TED talk on the power of introverts, introverts are up to 40% of the population, extroverts a similar but more noticed percentage, and the rest somewhere in the middle.

working