jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Are you the person you want to be?

1. Penny G profile image72
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Are you the person you want to be?

What behaviors , attitudes and habits do you need to chip away in order to reach the person within that you wish to become?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Not exactly. I was supposed to be an internationally respected, highly paid rock journalist who traveled the world interviewing all the biggest bands. Obviously something went drastically wrong along the way to that goal.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Also, I was supposed to be married to Carmen Electra. Dude, where did I go wrong???

2. Penny G profile image72
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Aww me neither! As a child I wanted to be a Florence Nightengale. Instead I got pregnant at 17 had bad marriages... SIGH… Now as woman about to retire , who missed the boat, I'm thinking hey, I think I'd be just as happy being a Rock and Roll Groupy!

3. jjackson786 profile image95
    jjackson786posted 3 years ago

I agree with FatFreddysCat. I am nowhere near being the person I saw myself being when I was younger. I should have been a five-star General in the Marine Corps by now, commanding hundreds of soldiers in the War on Terror, actively breaking down barriers for all women in the process. I don't know where everything went wrong; I believe it started when I first lost confidence in myself. Now, I'm broke as a joke living the "American Dream", which essentially means that I got my college degree for nothing and am making pennies at my current job. Reality certainly does not meet expectation.

4. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

I think reaching to a desired position will never ever arrive in one's life, to err is human means there are weaknesses, part of our lives. What important for me is to understand that everyday has its own challenges, to challenge the challenges with a pure heart and fair approach means a lot. Trying to do this, but fall short of expectations in one or the other way. My success is in maintaining  consistenc, with a never say die spirit.

working