jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

So you have this annoying headache! How do you get rid of it in minutes, without

1. Shivani Gala profile image82
    Shivani Galaposted 3 years ago

So you have this annoying headache! How do you get rid of it in minutes, without taking any meds?

2. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 3 years ago

A friend of mine recommended drinking water for the average run of the mill headache and it often works. I drink a glass of water and it usually helps a lot. Hope that helps.

Shivani Galaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I do that, too! I also splash some cool water on my face which relaxes the head a bit. Thank you for sharing this.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Whenever I feel a headache coming on, I do acupressure. Since the pressure point for a headache is the fleshy part between the thumb and index finger, it's pretty easy to find it. A few rotations in the right spot, and the headache goes away!

I didn't know the point! Very helpful. Shall try it the next time. Thanks smile

2. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can usually feel which hand is holding the headache, because it's tender when you squeeze that spot.

4. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I get a hankie, wet it down and tie it around my head as tight as I can stand it and it seems to take the pressure from one place to another. I really don't know the reason it works, read it in a herbal magazine once. The kids and I have used this trick for years and it the way to go for us.

That's really simple and it might look cool too as a headband.. Thanks for the suggestion!

5. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Headaches can be a real pain but one way of avoiding it in the first place is by drinking lots of water or fruit juices. I am one for not taking painkillers if I can help it. If I can avoid taking medicines for pain or anything I will do it. I have been born in the Philippines where we believe in herbal medicines to cure some minor illness because we could not afford the prices of medications, it is so expensive. Another way of relieving your headache is by massaging your head with your fingers, it does help. Hope this helps.

Thank you for stopping by. I too don't take meds unless absolutely necessary! Massaging is a good idea, it does always work!

6. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

I get bad headaches and generally reach for a Goody's Powders for fastest relief. But if I need relief and don't happen to have a Goody's around, the very best, most reliable method I've discovered is having an orgasm. As I am assuming you are an adult with two free hands and a place where you can have some privacy, I'll leave it to you to figure out the mechanics of the process smile

It's the second one that catches attention, unfortunately usually there isn't always opportunity for this!
      Will look up Goody's powder in the meanwhile.

7. artist101 profile image72
    artist101posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11824250_f260.jpg

There are two supplements that I would recommend. Chew a magnesium tablet. It relieves muscle spasm, and tension in the muscles. Would help a headache if it was caused from stress, or tension.
    Red tart cherries, eaten, is as effective as Ibuprofen, and has the same active ingredients.
    For prevention of headaches, and migraines Fever few is the recommended supplement in the treatment, and prevention of this condition. Butterbur is also recommended. A daily B6 has also been found to be effective as well.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00020 … UZU7UOJVOK

working