jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Should we vaccinate our children?

1. profile image57
    mrconspiracyposted 3 years ago

Should we vaccinate our children?

This is a very touchy subject at the moment in our nation.  Half of the argument is whether or not there is scientific data to back the saftey of vaccines.  The other half is stating that without them, we may be doomed for massive infectious diseases breaking out in our nation.
        I believe that there is no evidence that can point to saftey when it comes to vaccines.  There seems to be no study of the vaccinee after a three month period.  So there seems to be no legimate argument that vaccines have long term effects. 
        Do your own research before taking anyone's word! It is your child!!

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

in our country it is compulsory for parents to vaccinate our babies from birth. When our kids reach primary 1 ( age 7 ), school will take charge in making sure every kids get their jabs when required.

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

Hmm, speculation about long-term, unseen effects from vaccines, or known paralysis, infertility and death from the diseases we vaccinate against? I'll take the vaccines, thanks. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

And we have seen long-term effects from vaccines. All you have to do is look at the rates of fatality due to childhood diseases 100 years ago and compare it to now.

So yes, I think most children should be vaccinated. There are obviously exceptions (those who are immunocompromised, those with known allergies/family history of vaccine reactions). It's easy for people to complain about vaccines when they haven't had to live in a world where these diseases were a real threat.

4. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

There is no harm in getting vaccines. Period. Even if vaccines weren't as safe as they are, I'll take my chances with autism or the flu or whatever those nutjobs say vaccines give you over effing POLIO.

5. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

My daughter is, and will be, fully vaccinated as per her age.

We decided with information from both sides of the equation - long before she was born, or even conceived. The risks of NOT vaccinating outweigh any risks from the vaccine.

There is HUGE proof of the long term effects of vaccines - the fact that people no longer die from smallpox is one, that huge parts of the world are now polio free, that you can live in a world free from things like polio, small pox, diptheria.

Tetanus is the ONLY one we can't get rid of with vaccination - as this is found in the soil. And it is also the only one that herd immunity does not protect the unimmune. You need your own immunity. And the thing is - we may be able to almost cure cancer....but if you get tetanus - it'll either kill you, or it won't. But all medical people can do is keep you comfy and ride it out as they CANNOT treat it with anything other than muscle relaxants.

Have you ever seen a child struggling with Whooping Cough/Pertussis? Turning blue, struggling for every breath? Would you wish that on any child?

If you wish to make an INFORMED decision not to vaccinate, that is fine, but scaremongering is actually doing harm. These diseases kill.

(and given your hubber name...I think all you want is people to argue.)

6. profile image57
    mrconspiracyposted 3 years ago

I'm sorry Zelkiiro.. vaccines are not half as safe as the public would like to think.. many doctors, scientists and parents are outraged and the falsehood that we have been led to believe. I will just agree to disagree on this one. if you get a chance look up Dr Russell blaylock anti vaccines. He is the worlds leading neurosurgeon.

1. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 3 years agoin reply to this

He and Mercola just play on people's lack of critical thinking skills and promote pseudoscience to sell their own "natural" products. These people LOVE scaremongering and you people love feeding into it.

2. profile image57
      mrconspiracyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What critical thinking? Have you researched the ingredients in vaccines? Have you read hundreds of reports from the CDC themselves? What about 3 billion dollars in payouts from harmful effects and even many deaths. Have you done any true studies?

3. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Have I done any studies myself? No. Have I read hundreds of articles published in peer-reviewed scientific journals and not just nonsense you find on Google? You bet.

4. jlpark profile image85
      jlparkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

mrconspiracy - the onus is on you to provide the backing to your arguement, not us. Rather than asking if we've read it, perhaps providing said articles or proof of your statements, to let us judge for ourselves? Rather than take it on your word.

5. profile image57
      mrconspiracyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your right jipark. I should have given articles and documented facts. I apologise for seeming as if I am just trying to stir arguments instead of enlightenment.  Thank you for you comment