jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What helps you fall asleep at nite?

1. misslong123 profile image84
    misslong123posted 3 years ago

What helps you fall asleep at nite?

2. Jill Freeman profile image61
    Jill Freemanposted 3 years ago

I went through a 10 year period of being an insomniac.  Many a night I would lay in bed saying to myself, "Please go to sleep.  Please go to sleep"  only to watch the hours tick on my.  So frustrating.  I felt like I had tried everything - warm milk, hot bath, lavender scented pillow sachets...I did try prescriptions as well.  Ambien worked really well but is only a short term fix.  Xanax made me groggy in the morning and can be habit forming.  I wanted to learn to go to sleep as naturally as possible. Honestly, what I needed was to get my head together so I could turn it off and go to sleep!  What worked finally was a combination of practicing meditation, taking melatonin before bed and listening to the sounds of the ocean.  Sometimes I would read, but no TV!

misslong123posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Great answers! I have been an insomniac my whole life. I finally found a hypnosis app for my iPhone that really helps. I take the meds you mentioned. I'm just now trying the reading w/o tv. Now I think I will keep it up! Thx so much smile

3. Sheng Long profile image76
    Sheng Longposted 3 years ago

Hi, the first thing I need to tell you is to masturbate yourself every time you can't sleep. If you didn't' like abusing yourself, keep that way you are. Did you ever realised you're someone special? Being not able to sleep is actually not an abnormal phenomenon. Forget what the medicine world had to say. Once again, you're a child blessed with fire burning energy. It lies beneath you but did not realised for the warrior way was forgotten. Just do whatever you want regardless of gaining surplus amount of sleep. Follow the beat of your heart and sleepiness will eventually follow.

There have been days I just give up fighting and let nature take it's course even if that means I miss a night of sleep.

4. unvrso profile image91
    unvrsoposted 3 years ago

Putting my mind completely blank an closing my eyes will make me fall asleep immediately.

That's what my husband does. You are very lucky/blessed. I would give anything to just say it's bedtime! Shut down! But it doesn't work that way for me and never has. Even as a baby my biological parents had to go thru hell to finally get me asleep.

working