jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do your deal with a loss/grief?

1. Rhema Word profile image60
    Rhema Wordposted 3 years ago

How do your deal with a loss/grief?

“The five stages [of grief] - denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance - are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief.” ? Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

2. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

Training the mind repeatedly to accept the inevitable is one of the important steps to be taken. It is better not to move with another emotional person who will add fuel to the fire by grieving with you. Better to keep company of strong willed persons -- persons with good wisdom and sense of humor. By talking to them and hearing some of their assertive talks about taking life positively and moving on forgetting the past, will actually be far more helpful then the company of people who emotionally keep crying with you in the guise of support.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I believe it all depends on what the loss is when it comes to determining the various stages of grief. If someone close to you has died it's extremely difficult to be in denial if there's a corpse.
    On the other hand if your mate dumped you or your spouse filed for a divorce and you were madly in love with them then I could see one going through denial, anger, bargaining, and depression before finally reaching acceptance that it's over for good.
    Some people feel the same way about losing their job.
    My goal is always to strive to reach (acceptance) as soon as possible. You can't move on until you get there. Once you accept something that is when in earnest you start making plans for recovery and figuring out what you want. It's important to keep things that happen in our life in perspective.
    Today is just one page in one chapter within the book of your life. Always have the courage to turn to the next page.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yeah, it depends. When I was young, I lost my Ah ma ( grandmother ) due to old age. I cried for weeks and held on to my dear teddy bear , talked to "her" to ease my linger of my granny