jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Is change always a positive thing?

1. Kate Mc Bride profile image88
    Kate Mc Brideposted 3 years ago

Is change always a positive thing?

2. Venus Rivera profile image76
    Venus Riveraposted 3 years ago

Yes.

I think that change can be a sign of growth which can lead to something very positive.

Kate Mc Brideposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is a very good point and something worth keeping in mind. Thank you

3. romper20 profile image86
    romper20posted 3 years ago

If you were to lose your limbs it might not be a positive thing but you'd still learn how to deal with it. Humans are very adaptive creatures. So to answer your question no.

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12059349_f260.jpg

Absolutely not, it is sometimes; however, there are a myriad of examples where it is not. One significant example are new religions that spring-up and have a tendency to lead people away from "Truth."  Another significant example is our over-dependence on motor transportation. The majority of Americans walk significantly less than people did 150 years ago. There are significant health implifications. I will end with one of favorite all-time quotes from an Inkling, namely C.S. Lewis. "Sometimes the quickest way forward is to go back."

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And yet somehow people are living longer than ever before. More people work out at gyms, buy fat free foods and low sugar products. No matter what point in history you go to there were atrocities. Many would gladly choose to live among us.

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Actually, they (whomever they are) including insurance actuaries have reduced life expectancy for the first time...

3. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Actually back in days way before us, aka the days of Jesus, they lived to be 165 and were healthy.

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

In the (long run) it usually works out to being something positive.
    One day you look back and you say: "If this hadn't happened I would never have done such and such which led me to blah blah and put me in the position to do whatever.
    Sometimes it's best to learn to ride the waves!
    Change is inevitable!

You make some very good points here and it is indeed better to learn to ride the waves. Thanks for taking the time to answer

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome Kate!

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

change can be positive and negative. Depends on the situation. I changed from a argumentative person to non verbal person. Less quarrels but my hubby said he can't understand me. So that is pro and cons

7. liesl5858 profile image81
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Change is not always a positive thing. There are changes which are good for the individual and there are changes that can bring negative effect to each individual. But more often change is for the better not worse. It depends really what the change is and for what it is going to be implemented for. Like a change of scenery can be good for a person who just lost someone who is very dear to her or him.

8. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 3 years ago

Yes change no matter what the situation always leads to a positive outcome for our higher good.

9. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

Change can be both positive and negative. Some times a change consciously chosen by you after lots of deliberation as a positive step may be stamped as negative by others depending on their perceptions and value system.

This is so true C.V. Rajan and very unfair too. The adage"live and let live" is something others don't espouse to. Even though we have a right to change for our own good,others try hard to prevent it by unfair manipulation.

working