jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe that YOU are powerful or powerless in terms of lifestyle choices,

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Do you believe that YOU are powerful or powerless in terms of lifestyle choices, life situations,

and/or outcomes?  Why?  Why not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12090128_f260.jpg

2. erorantes profile image51
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

Yes, we decide . What kind of life style. We want to have. If it is available to us. The main powerful source.  It is to have a good paying job, or money that we inherented from our parents or wining the lottery.  If you live in a poor country, you do not have choices. You are limited to have any kind of life's style.

3. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

I believe just as God has power he have given man a limited amount.
    We have been given the power of free will, to think differently of another,
    We have the free will to also create outside ourself, also within ourself we build up or we tear down.
    With the power we have we can use to bring honor to the one who gave it
    Or else we can use it in a selfish way that would benifit ones self.
    I believe we are made to be happy ,we are made to make the creator happy
    Because we all tie in to his infinit power, we breath because of him!

4. profile image54
    Ian Mooneposted 3 years ago

Every sane adult out there is choosing their live as they go, the trouble is their not choosing from the right perspective....So even though they will get back what they put out (karma/logic), what they put out isn't for most going to be what they wanted coming back..I mean i know after a full years training, that i almost have full power & control over all my decisions in life..It happened gradually over the months as i trained, & slowly but surely i started dropping bad habits & stopped watching the T.V etc..As far as unwanted situations that i find my self in the only control i can have is over how i react, which like i say after a years training is always cool & calm....So to sum up until i was say 39 years old i had no power at all even though i was choosing, because i never knew what i actually wanted to do with my life in my heart....Most people go off searching before asking themselves: What is it i actually want?, then completely forget about the question. :-)

5. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 3 years ago

I believe people who really know what they want and have good people skills and are smart have choices and more control and get what they want in life.  It also helps to have resources behind you, like a good upbringing with good parents who encouraged and supported you when growing up. 

However I am sure there are people who didn't come from good homes make it good in life because of sheer determination.  But if a person doesn't know what they want, or if they have a vision of what they want, but don't know how to make it happen, then I believe the only choice they have is to improvise and/or make lemonades out of lemons and just do the best they can.

1. Efficient Admin profile image93
      Efficient Adminposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Another example is real estate. If you are upside down on a mortgage and you don't like your house and want to move, you are stuck there unless you walk away (bad idea) or come up with a ton of cash to get out.

working