jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many days a week do you go to the gym or health club?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 3 years ago

How many days a week do you go to the gym or health club?

Do you have a personal trainer that you work with at your gym?

2. CyclingFitness profile image96
    CyclingFitnessposted 3 years ago

Sometimes 5-6 days a week depending on my training focus. Although i'm currently awaiting a cast being removed from my foot after a slip at home.

I have used person trainers at my gym but felt very let down with what I've seen. I've had a trainer wanting to use the squat as a suitable measure for my cycling strength (which isnt realistic unless you're a track sprinter) and had others just take me through their standard client routines without regard for my needs. As a cyclist and now obstacle racer with a sports science degree i have a different way to looking at training regarding the specific required to achieve- from movements to their speed of action and its rare that i've seen personal trainers in my experience who are able to see that picture (i sadly see a lot of this online writing too- too often things target general aspects over the details)

3. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

3 mornings a week for a TNT (Tighten and Tone)/Sculpt class with weights, love it! Also squeeze in some cardio at home a few nights a week.

I wored out at home myself for years but then hit a plateau. Then decided it was time to join a gym and challenge myself and it is so much better because I met others who are passionate about fitness and I am more motivate to work out!

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

My personal trainer is simply cheap; it is my Belgian Malinois named Mollinator. Yet she does not "work me" at our college gym. They don't allow "cheap personal trainers" at our college gym.
    I usually exercise at our college gym less than two times weekly. It could be summed up as the number of times less than two but greater than zero. I think it is that number, "Not-enough!"
    Although, I do get another work-out every Saturday on-ice and it is not a morgue...

5. LAWRTW profile image77
    LAWRTWposted 3 years ago

0.  I work out at home not at a gym/health club.

6. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Nope, i am my own trainer, i brisk walk every evening, get to save some money