jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is the CORRELATION between living a GRAY life and powerlessness?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is the CORRELATION between living a GRAY life and powerlessness?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12280624_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

Powerlessness is the pain of the Soul before God. Of course we can apply this in a mundane way to imply that we are unable to change things. So we succumb to the bureaucracy at work, even while we see the need to change something, because the department is run by someone else and our hands are tied.

Powerlessness also applies to defencelessness, in the sense that one is compromised by brute force and is not able to respond in kind. One becomes helpless, so to speak.

I take it that you mean 'grey'. Greyness implies not clear-cut, unsure. It can also mean dreary, dark, relating to the weather, and also melancholy to express a sad state. In my poem, My Friends Have Become Strangers, I refer to the sun as being engulfed by grey mists. In other words, the light has gone out and is replaced by despair, a very sad state.

A grey life is dull, lifeless, seemingly without hope and lacks vibrancy and enthusiasm. At such times it can be thought of as powerlessness, yes, but there is still some control. Powerlessness is deeper, more profound, and like the Soul, control is generally in the hands of someone or something else. Hope this helps.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great answer!

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Grace,
      I like your questions, and I have used some of my answers here to create great poems and prose. Did you read Free at Last? It was inspired by one of your pics. I mentioned you at the end. salaam!

3. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why thank you!

working