jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many jobs were you fired from and what lessons did you learn from such firin

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

How many jobs were you fired from and what lessons did you learn from such firings?

Did the firings either positively or negatively impact on your future jobs/careers?

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

I got fired for missing too much time at a nursing home (laundry)I loved working there alot but it was third shift,I took this job because my husband could be home with the kids at night. I had to take care of my kids during the day.I barely slept, and got sick frequently and had missed too many nights.
    I had learned from this that you should not consider third shift position,if you cannot sleep during the day.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

I was fired from one job position in this lifetime thus far. The lesson I learned was even though I understood the criteria of the job tasks, duties, and responsibilities it simply did not fit 'me. That caused stress thus work performance regarding tasks began to suffer as the difference of 'fit' was with responsibilities. Duties held constant. The trick if we wish to use a funny word is the growth for the corporate entity occurred with thet specific 'job' in the area of responsibilities. That was emphasis of the position.

4. word55 profile image74
    word55posted 2 years ago

I was "let go" from two jobs in my lifetime. On the first one I voted for a union to come in and govern our employment situation at a food, grocery franchise. Well, the union didn't get in so, the company let me and some others go. I guess they had a way of knowing how everyone voted. On the second job, I opposed the staff that was selling drugs to the children where I worked as "Child Care Worker." They were defeating the purpose for which we (staff) were working. One kid later turned out to be a murderer. Another kid drove his family (wife and two kids into a lake). In each case, I exercised my right, good character and good judgement. On the second job I should have taken my fight to governmental or lawful authorities because innocent lives were eventually lost. I was quite young at each time.