To those who were fired from their jobs, do you have recurring dreams of working

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

To those who were fired from their jobs, do you have recurring dreams of working

at your job although you have been fired ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12383529_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

I was fired once in my career formerly. However I give pause pondering even when I was transferred or promoted in a sense I was fired. hmmmm . . . Regarding recurring dreams of working I presume you mean with the former work 'fired' from. The answer is I felt regret, however the 'new' work I went to was essentially the same work at a different level and with a different employer. The specifics is it was as a product representative with sales responsibilities, product representation, and as corporate entity representative at the manufacturer level of distribution.

Quite frankly as an analogy my skills and knowledge was like a minor league professional baseball player. I was in the big leagues. I simply did have the qualities needed especially with experience, even though I understood the mechanics of the position easily.

However, at the wholesale level of distribution I was very successful, which the previous experience offered a greater understanding and experience to be equipped for that level. In other words I was a very successful minor league ball player.

I am not sure if that answers your question or not. Regarding dreams working at that position I was fired from today I do not have nightmares as dreams nor do I have dreams as aspirations.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

I almost never have recurring dreams, but one time when I did was when I was fired from a retail job where the shop owner was a cocaine addict on a rampage.  I believe I had recurring dreams of the place because I suffered a nervous breakdown as a result.  (I was in the midst of a crisis in my life due to numerous bad decisions; one was that I had no business working there in the first place.) 
    What's really weird is that I dreamt about that place last year, for the first time in decades.  I can't figure out why; perhaps it's because of flashbacks from joining a cult 14 years later???

working