jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are you afraid of?

1. Qmarpat profile image68
    Qmarpatposted 2 years ago

What are you afraid of?

When you were a little kid you were scared of the dark, and "monsters".  What scares you as an adult, a phobia, a thing or something else?

2. Nicole Grizzle profile image89
    Nicole Grizzleposted 2 years ago

I was afraid of the dark when I was younger. Deathly so. I've grown out of it mostly, but the irrational fear of "what if something is about to murder me because I can't see them" still rears its ugly head periodically. I haven't had any traumatizing life experiences to justify this, so I can't even begin to tell you why this happens.

Other things I am scared of are animals I have had bad experiences with, much later: geese, jelly fish, wasps, spiders, beetles. I don't go to parks or beaches all that often, so they are easy to avoid...

3. davidlivermore profile image98
    davidlivermoreposted 2 years ago

Spiders.  I have nightmares about that.  I freak out about that.  I do all I can to kill them if I see them.

4. Fahad ansari12 profile image75
    Fahad ansari12posted 2 years ago

darkness... yeah a little bit. but monster.. after watching 'monster inc.' nopes... ;p
    but i am very afraid of spider and frog... they are too scary..!

5. Qmarpat profile image68
    Qmarpatposted 2 years ago

Great answers-thanks! Personally, I'm creeped out by sea horses,YUCK! I think you could rob a bank with one of those little freaks, instead of a weapon! Gross! I've known people totally freaked-out by large spider webs, they couldn't, even walk pass them.

6. Kristen Howe profile image89
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

I'm afraid of heights. I was the same way when I was little.