jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you embarrassed to cry?

1. Jojo Yousef profile image73
    Jojo Yousefposted 2 years ago

Are you embarrassed to cry?

2. DarkestDreams profile image60
    DarkestDreamsposted 2 years ago

Yes, I do find crying embarrassing.  It is funny that we all usually feel embarrassed by having an honest reaction to our emotions.  I find that I want to cry for many reasons... sadness, frustration, anger.  Yet, I think are all afraid of looking weak if we cry.  It is silly, but yet, I think most of us feel that way.

3. Akriti Mattu profile image78
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

Not really but i do have an issue crying in front of just anyone. It's said problems don't have a market and so why publicize. With closed ones it is ok but not with everybody.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

yes, especially in front of the public when other adults are around but I don'tic or feel shy to cry in front of my kids. They console me.

5. lolontka profile image59
    lolontkaposted 2 years ago

I am very embarrassed to cry in front of anyone apart from my husband and two grown sons. I don't think that crying is a form of weakness but it upsets other people and could make them feel awkward. Also, I am reserved by nature and feel that by crying I give too much of how I'm feeling away. There are people who do see any show of emotion as a potential weakness and look for a chink in your armour. To this end I would say, beware.
    Crying at a sad or touching film is different to crying because of something that has happened in your life. It's a temporary thing but could be useful in examining which emotion is actually making you cry and which  memories are stimulated,
    A good cry is  very healing so not something to be avoided whether it embarrasses us or not.

working