As a man, do you feel shame to cry?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Taleb80 profile image79
    Taleb80posted 10 years ago

As a man, do you feel shame to cry?

For me, I feel proud, as this confirm that I am a human being with a beating heart.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7936921_f260.jpg

2. Dr Pran Rangan profile image78
    Dr Pran Ranganposted 10 years ago

I think it is not shameful for men to cry in certain situations. It will remove or lighten the heaviness of the burden of the situation responsible for making a man cry. But spiritually speaking, if a man has a strong inner-self, he will not cry in any situation due to strong inner resolve, even though possessing a heart full of love and compassion.

Taleb80posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think that even spiritually, when you see a crying mother who has missed three of her kids due to violence,  you can cry. I respect you point of view.

3. susanzheng profile image69
    susanzhengposted 10 years ago

II agree with you, Taleb80.  If I were a man and got hurt or touched emotionally by some body, some event, or when I were extremely happy  I would cry because that means I am human being with a sensitive feeling.   At these moments, if people see a man crying, they will understand your feeling and know that you are a compassionate, empathetic, and sympathetic man with a loving heart. Good luck with your writing.

I totally I agree with you, thanks for nice wishes.

4. stars439 profile image59
    stars439posted 10 years ago

Good question. I avoid crying as much as possible, but human beings usually have feelings, and hearts no matter how big they think they are. For me it just comes natural when I watch a good movie that tugs at heart strings, and many do.
    So many things can break tender hearts, and many big strong husky men have very tender hearts. Maybe that is what some women find desireable in some men. Women like to try to fix things, especially men that need a lovely arm to lean on . Ha Ha could not resist adding that.
    No harm in a man that cries. I cried many a long long sad eyes over our baby that never was able to walk. I was also a police officer so I know there is nothing wrong for a man that cries. As long as men work, and feed their families thats what matters. God Bless You.

Sorry for your baby, hope all the best for you & your family. Thanks for the addition.

5. zulumuscle profile image61
    zulumuscleposted 10 years ago

I personally find it very difficult to cry even when people I love die. I feel the emotion inside but it that not produce tears. Men who cry are one with emotion, sensitive at heart and that is a good thing. I am what many describe as a cold person who does not show emotion, but it does not mean i don't feel it or express it in another form.

I think that we can not say that who is not crying, is a cold person.

2. Dr Pran Rangan profile image78
      Dr Pran Ranganposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If a man doesn't cry, it doesn't mean that he is a cold person. It may mean that he has more inner stability. A cold person is psychologically different from a normal one.

3. Taleb80 profile image79

I agree. It is a valuable hint. Thanks.

4. CertifiedHandy profile image59
      CertifiedHandyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have too much pride. I used to be that way because I was taught by my father that men don't cry. Too much pride is not good. We all need balance in our lives

6. Jlbowden profile image86
    Jlbowdenposted 10 years ago

Yes, I personally feel a bit shameful to have to cry. But again it is a normal expression that shows human emotion, during times of grieving, or other similar times.

Yes, maybe, it is a normal expression.

7. SAM ELDER profile image55
    SAM ELDERposted 10 years ago

I dont think that crying is shameful. But how many times have you seen men crying for no reason... ? ... none. How many times have you seen women crying for no reason ... ? ...hmmm  ... many times.....
    Generally all human beings cry at some point of their life.The difference is that men cry in privacy, women cry everywhere....
    Crying is considered weakness by some men, so some do not like showing it,.. even to themselves....

8. drsohel profile image67
    drsohelposted 10 years ago

Actually crying is one type of expression of our emotion. It comes naturally and I do not feel shame to cry. But sometimes we had to control emotion for good and in this way we have to control crying.

9. cebutouristspot profile image77
    cebutouristspotposted 10 years ago

It depends on the situation ofcourse but given the right situation I dont feel ashame to cry.

10. mesbakh profile image59
    mesbakhposted 10 years ago

no. i think it is normal. i ever cry and it makes me feel much better. it is "humane" activity

11. CertifiedHandy profile image59
    CertifiedHandyposted 10 years ago

Before I came to know my God the pride I felt as a man had hardened my heart. I remember the first time I had cried in years. I was in a church full of people and something happened. Earlier I had prayed for God to change my heart. But I had not planned on Him doing it publicly. I started crying. At first I was embarrassed and ashamed. But after a few more purging Sundays, suddenly I didn't care any more. You are right. A man unable to cry is a man who is incomplete. It is a human emotion and in order to be truly human we need to be able to cry, and laugh, and feel fear, courage and hosts of other emotions that define us as human... His In Service

12. Tonipet profile image82
    Tonipetposted 10 years ago

To me, its not a shame seeing man cry, nor must men feel shame about it. Real men also have feelings. It's the dictates of the "macho" genre that has limited men to deny themselves the all out freedom of this expression, and to which influenced our minds that crying is not of men's. When a man cries, it could stop things in a moment, meaning, the world understands what's he's into that moment is no joke. Even real men cries, but that doesn't diminish anything in him, he's still very much masculine.

Asking this here shows the real man in you, Taleb80, nothing to hide. Thanks for being one. Blessings!

Your discussion enriches the topic. Thanks

13. nasser deep profile image71
    nasser deepposted 10 years ago

I think crying is good for men as much as it is for women. Crying has a cleansing effect on heart and soul. Different emotions can find resolution only in sincere tears.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)