How to keep myself safe from 42degree celcius scorching heatwave?

1. supremeupbeat k profile image69
    supremeupbeat kposted 2 years ago

How to keep myself safe from 42degree celcius scorching heatwave?

I am from a semi town in eastern India.It is now summer.Temperature continues the same above 40.Thus it is very hard to bear the wave .

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

We went through a similar heat wave a few years back and it was grueling. I remember getting into my car one day and the temp gauge said 130.  I went back in the house! This only lasted a few days for us thankfully before going back down below the 100 degree mark which is less dangerous.

I feel for you.  I would keep a bunch of hand towels wet and freeze them, take them out periodically and wrap them around your neck to bring your body core temp down.  Also, stay very well hydrated and wear loose clothing with breathable fabric (not synthetics)

If you don't have air conditioning, go to the cinema or shops where they do and walk around for awhile to give your body a break.  A cool shower or bath can help as well. 

Be less physically active during the hottest parts of the day and reserve heavier activities for night.  I'd do housework and yard work at night when it was hottest for example and do quieter desk work or whatever during the hot parts of the day. 

You should also drink fluids that restore electrolytes if you are in the heat outside at all.  Not sure what they would be called where you are - here we have a product called "emergen-C" that is loaded with B vitamins, vit c, potassium, magnesium and other nutrients the body needs when you are sweating more than normal.

1. supremeupbeat k profile image69
      supremeupbeat kposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Very good suggestion I feel.Thanks a lot.

working