jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What are you doing to keep cool in this heatwave?

1. FaithDream profile image78
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

What are you doing to keep cool in this heatwave?

Many states across America are hitting record high temperatures. If you live in any of these areas. What are you doing to keep cool? Are you staying indoors with A/C, perhaps enjoying the pool?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

We are getting the heat Up here in Canada as well. Last I checked it was 116. Fans and A/C and dip in the lake later on tonight.

3. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

Drinking water and sucking on ice cubes when I have to be outdoors, but mostly staying in air conditioning as much as possible. Great nephew is visiting and we went to see the new Harry Potter movie, went bowling and took him parasailing today over the bay. Had the boat driver dip him in the bay to cool him off.

4. J.S.Matthew profile image84
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I'm on the East Coast and it's now heading my way! I plan on drinking lots of water, maybe swimming, but not too much in the sun! My office is in a basement and I have a fan in the window that does the trick. A/C at night of course! I pray for the people who can't cool off.

JSMatthew~

5. Field-Of-Flowers profile image81
    Field-Of-Flowersposted 6 years ago

We have the A/C going. We are in the process of building 2 different decks on the house. One is 2 stories up, the other is 3.
    I do know of someone who has a pool... *smiles*  :-)

6. Kyle Rivers profile image60
    Kyle Riversposted 6 years ago

Try to stay hydrated! Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids, and keep your body temperature cool. I highly advise to stay away from dairy products though, and if you air conditioning, marinade in it! Stay cool! No pun intended smile

7. graebear profile image70
    graebearposted 6 years ago

No air conditioning here.. so I decided to work on some projects in the basement in the day time  but the heat feels great compared to the 300 inches  of snow in the winter here ....  lots of homemade cold icy drinks ..

8. frugalfamily profile image78
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

This month is hot, but we have gotten a few showers..more than last month!  Of course the only reason we are getting any rain is because we got a pool this year.  We are every day, but usually wait until midnight:)

9. BukowskiBabe profile image83
    BukowskiBabeposted 6 years ago

Stay in the house and dream of the clean, crisp weather of fall, my favorite season.

10. truthfornow profile image81
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

AC all the time, stay inside, drink water and stay out the sun.

11. janikon profile image90
    janikonposted 6 years ago

let's just say my A/C - Blowie, as I lovingly refer to him as - have been engaging in an elicit affair and will continue with it until the heat wave ends. I'm also drinking an insane amount of water and I teach at a pool - also, bought a giant box of jumbo freezies.

... I'm three walks, from the bus stop home, away from filling up my bathtub in ice and laying in it.

12. tamarindcandy profile image60
    tamarindcandyposted 6 years ago

Air conditioning? Not to be obvious or anything.

working