jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Whats the best way you've found to stay cool in a heatwave?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Whats the best way you've found to stay cool in a heatwave?

2. alamnoah profile image52
    alamnoahposted 6 years ago

drink ice tea, stay inside and wear only cotton.
    Did i mention to turn the air conditioner smile ?

3. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

ice water to drink and an ice pack on a wrist head or neck.  don't work or exercise.

4. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Staying inside in a room with air conditioning.  If at home I'll splash about in my pool (It's under shade). It gets very hot here in Sydney in Summer.

5. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

Staying in a nice air conditoned place or under a big tree that has lots of shade. Where you do not want to be is in the factory that my mother works at...it's 120 degrees in there today. No lie....

6. pork22 profile image66
    pork22posted 6 years ago

I like to eat spicy food when it is hot. I don't know why but maybe try it and see if you like it also.

7. akuigla profile image59
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

Cold beer.........................................................................

8. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 6 years ago

Apart from the obvious (staying indoors with the air-con on, or wearing a hat and shades outside), I'd add eating ice-cream or watermelon straight from the fridge. Works every time.

9. Guanta profile image73
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

I've just learned a hard lesson this week about heatwaves.  I went on a long walk, with my walking group, without taking any water with me.  By the time I got home I became so ill that I spent the next four days trying to recooperate.  I am now carrying water with me and have put off the walks.

working