jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What food can make one feel energetic? Advise please.

1. SouradipSinha profile image79
    SouradipSinhaposted 2 years ago

What food can make one feel energetic? Advise please.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

High fiber foods are a good start, since your body takes longer to burn them. So fruits like apples and bananas can work really well. That and whole grains (oatmeal can help start the day). And, obviously, coffee provides an energy boost. If you can managed to drink it without all the cream and sugar, it's actually pretty good for you.

1. SouradipSinha profile image79
      SouradipSinhaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Okay will try them.
      Thanks.
      smile

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

sweet food makes me energetic instead of fiber food. If i eat fiber food, i become more hungry instead

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12484933_f260.jpg

You need to focus on whole-grain products. Perhaps a whole-grain cracker with low-fat cheese or a peanut butter sandwich on whole-wheat bread. It is that combination of protein and a complex carbohydrate (digested more slowly than simple carbs) that increases your blood glucose in a sustained way, it boosts energy longer.

For short-term and long-term energy boosts, make a habit of eating a high-fiber, carbohydrate-rich breakfast.  A study that compared the effects of two carbohydrate-rich breakfasts -- one high-fiber, one low-fiber -- with two high-fat breakfasts. The high-fiber, high-carb meal was associated with the highest level of alertness between breakfast and lunch. The study was published in the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition.
    To accomplish this important boost in your fiber and carbs within your first meal of the day, select such foods as whole-wheat toast or high-fiber cereal. A half cup of high-fiber cereal can contain as much as 14 grams of fiber, and some high-fiber breads have 6 grams per slice. Aim for 25 to 30 grams of total fiber daily.

5. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 2 years ago

If you need to feel mentally energetic, say for taking an exam, then you should eat a protein breakfast, with perhaps one slice of whole grain toast. This will enhance your memory. If you need bursts of physical energy then you must combine complex carbohydrates with a bit of protein. If you rely of something sugary or even something like a saltine or a pretzel to boost your energy between meals, you might feel a slight lift but it will be followed shortly with a deep drop in energy. You would be better off to eat a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts. I personally think the nuts are better, unless the fruit is an apple. Much of it has to do with keeping your blood sugar level at a healthy level. Mostly, it is important to avoid white flour or enriched flour like the plague. Those foods will bring you down. I also think that a shot of wheat grass a few times a week is great for "cleaning things out" and lifting your mind. As an aside, you would also do well to read labels and avoid anything with hydrogenated oils. Best of luck to you!

6. John Brotherton profile image93
    John Brothertonposted 6 months ago

I usually find that a good whack of beetroot and ginger through the juicer sets me up with enough energy for the day!

working