jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the ways that religion creates gullible, unintellectual, and immature p

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What are the ways that religion creates gullible, unintellectual, and immature people who have

a submissive, slave mentality who willingly give their power away to be further exploited by religious authorities?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7507070_f260.jpg

2. catsong54 profile image59
    catsong54posted 2 years ago

I don't really believe in this question. If people are desparate they might follow anything and not use their minds. Or they might not look at the true principles involved to see how to follow them and just follow what someone says.

3. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

Well, if you can believe those freaky stories in the bible, you are already gullible and unintellectual, and immature.
    The only way that the bible makes any sense at all is that it is a written record of the stories, legends, and culture and society of the time. We now know that many of the biblical events never happened or are so distorted that they could not have happened in the way that they were told.
    It's all mind control and wishful thinking. Heaven is a perfect fantasy and we would all love for it to be true, but it's just a fantasy.

4. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

Religion is one thing, intelligence another, maturity and submissiveness, still a third and fourth. Finally, there is wisdom. You question implies that the last is needed. Too true.

The Essence of Religion is to fear God and obey God. With all its trappings, it is still a noble and aspirational dream. Spirituality is Yoga, and Yoga asks us to transform ourselves, not others.

I sometimes give long explanations, but frankly I do not like it. This pleases the mind, but does not necessarily help the longing or yearning Heart. I would tell you instead to pray, serve, Love mankind, believe in Something Higher, even if you call this Peace or Love. This would ultimately take you to the place where all Religions meet.

There you will see that there is nothing in God's Creation without cause or purpose, and that Religion also has its role, however dreary, as you merge in the Divine Entity and become One. Hari Om!

5. Kiss andTales profile image78
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

I agree with cats I really do not think this is a fair question because it is ask like it is a fact
    and already judge as a truth , it is not, there are people who are not religious that can be considered gullible, immature, and many more, since religion is first taught mostly in the home
    You would be labeling many people in a negative way. 
    Religion has done damage but like a tool in the wrong hands can be misused .
    But if applied and used the right way, how wonderful it would be when all practice righteous ways love and justice toward one another , because it is then and only then
    Paradise will really exist.

working