jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What causes Deja Vu?

1. Nicholas Kan profile image61
    Nicholas Kanposted 2 years ago

What causes Deja Vu?

Deja Vu is a feeling that what is happening had happened before but you cannot quite remember when or how. Besides deja vu, I have also experienced something unusual when I was very little such as dreaming what WILL HAPPEN and it really happened.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12682914_f260.jpg

Sometimes we go to places we may have seen in a forgotten movie, book, or a picture that was in a museum. It (feels) like we've been here! However it's us connecting to an image we forgot about.
    One theory is reincarnation: Whereby we keep coming back to earth after we die as different people from different eras. Occasionally however we recall a memory from a "past life" though.
    Another theory is we all have limited psychic abilities and possibly may have dreamed or foresaw something before it took place.
    Lastly there is the belief that (knowing someone very well) or being a student of behavior and very observant of people, places, and things, allows one to predict (what could happen) and when it does it feels strange to us. "I (thought) he/she would say that!"
    A lot of "Mentalist" and so called professional "Psychics" use various techniques such as the above to appear to have "super natural" abilities!

Nicholas Kanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have always hoped I am a psychic so that I can communicate with spiritual beings such as fairies/fae

3. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

Re: deja vu: I thought I heard once that it was a mis-firing of the brain. There's a second delay in recording the experience which has just occured so it feels as if it happened before.

As for dreaming something will happen:  During the day, we make subconscious observations. The example a teacher of dream theory explained in a class I took years ago is the following:  Let's say you have passed the ladder in your garage many times, and let's say that ladder had a loose rung.  You might dream that a family member fell off the ladder and lo and behold, that dream comes true.  Why?  Because of an observation you made in your subconscious mind which came forth in a dream.  I always liked those rational explanations.  They make it seem as if we have more control when there is a scientific explanation.

It is indeed a very good answer. But I have another guess, that it could be some special ability of brain that have not yet been used or developed by us humans. Since we do not actually fully understands brain yet!

2. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nicholas, I LOVE the concept of an undeveloped special ability of the brain. When you think of what we do when we're dreaming, it's an amazing untapped resource.(My husband can actually guess the number in my head from 1 to 100 in a quiet setting.)

3. Nicholas Kan profile image61

Science can't even proves something that don't exist. Literally.

4. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 2 years agoin reply to this

How nice to have a "best answer".  Thank you Nicholas.  This was a fun question smile  Cheers, Billie

working