jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What causes a deja vu episode?

1. Jangaplanet profile image79
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

What causes a deja vu episode?

2. sarclair profile image81
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

Déjà vu is actually a serious of short circuits in the brain that occurs with everyone from time to time.
    They have done studies to indicate this is really the reason for Deja vu.

3. AmyCookie profile image71
    AmyCookieposted 7 years ago

There are several theories as to what causes deja vu. Some believe it is a glimpse of a past life experience, others believe it is a brain blip or brief recall of a similar memory. I think it is you subconscious trying to tell you something.

4. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

There are those who claim that déjà vu is a psychic phenomenon, closely related to, or an example of Extra Sensory Perception. There are those who hold up scientific evidence to support their theory of a malfunction in the brain's processing of an experience. Which of these answers is correct - what causes déjà vu? read more

5. Dick Rowland profile image61
    Dick Rowlandposted 7 years ago

My deja vu episodes were caused by epilepsy.  I didn't know what it was for years.  It seemed to be sort of a dream sequence that made me feel like I had been in that place or situation before, and then in a few seconds, it was over.
    Then one day, I had a classic Grand Mall Seizure.  Luckily I was not driving at the time!!  These things are not to be taken lightly!!   See a physician that specializes in seizures and have some tests. They will include some brain scans, etc.  You will have a good idea then if you have some problem.  You need to know if this is a real problem, BEFORE SOMETHING REALLY BAD HAPPENS.  I have been on medication for years, and have been seizure free for about 5 years.  It's not the horrible problem that it was thought to be in the past.
    Have it checked out, you will be glad you did.

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

Familiarity, something that resembles or comes close to something that took place in the past.  Funny thing is you don't even have to be thinking about it.  Somehow or another it demands your attention and you remember...>WOW!

Vonda G. Nelson

7. Edlira profile image68
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

I have written a hub on this phenomenon. You might find some answer in it. Check it if you are curious.