Do you believe you attract what you fear?

1. Morgan Anthony profile image70
    Morgan Anthonyposted 2 years ago

Do you believe you attract what you fear?

2. WordCrafter09 profile image78
    WordCrafter09posted 2 years ago

Without putting a whole lot of thought into it, I tend to say, "No, I don't particularly believe that."  There are all kinds of things that people fear - different types of illnesses, natural disasters, something happening to a loved one, etc. etc.  I think most of the time people try to do what they can to reduce, at least to some extent, the chances of some things-to-fear from happening.  Then, though, some things people just kind of put at the back of their mind and hope the odds remain in their favor.  Some "odds", however, are worse than others, and people tend to know that some of the things they fear can't quite be put as far back on the back-burner as others (not matter how well they manage to "mostly put that "potential concern" out of their mind).  The more people we care about in life, the longer we live; the more the chances that at least SOME of those odds become less in our favor.  Then, too, children have a "standard set" of fears that are "legitimate" but that need to be put in perspective with age.

Either way, of the course of a life there are so many things to fear or be concerned about, if/when any of them ever happens one may be likely to think, "See?  I always kind of feared that, and there it is."

Then, too, there are people who live afraid and won't do anything involving fear; but then if/when they do they don't have experience/skill, and it doesn't work out well for them.

I think too, though, that some people who don't know how to find some balance of what can reasonably be done about some "concerns" (fears/potential fears, back-of-the-mind fears, etc.) while also not living in fear; will sometimes just have trouble facing the potential reality/odds of some concerns/fears.  Instead, they just kind of give up, let "fate" decide, and then - yes - increase the chances that the fear they didn't know how to process with some balance of attempting to manage/reduce some risks while still not living in frozen fear; but then if something bad happens the person, who knows some "stifled version" of the fear was there all along may connect the fear/concern with something other than having essentially been invited (rather than attracted).

There can also be a chicken/egg thing with a person's having particular interest in a subject/fear.  Someone may be so surrounded by one thing or another it may cause particular interest.  Someone drawn to something out of interest may make himself surrounded (or more surrounded) by thing/risk to fear.

3. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

In many cases.....YES.  When one fears something, h/she oftentimes embodies that fear subconsciously.  That subconscious fear determines his/her thoughts & actions.  This fear becomes some embedded in the subconscious that one unconsciously acts upon that fear & that fear becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.   Positivity attracts positivity, negativity attracts negativity, & fear attracts fear!