jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What is the leading cause of mass gun violence?

1. mahsa setareh profile image83
    mahsa setarehposted 2 years ago

What is the leading cause of mass gun violence?

What is the leading cause of mass gun violence? Depression or Stress? Past emotional or physical abuse?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12906157_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Too many wack jobs who have easy access to firearms.

mahsa setarehposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Do you think that we should be raising the prices on firearms more than they are now?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it would help. I would imagine that a lot of the guns used in crimes are bought second hand on the cheap, not brand new at retail.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

I think that the media has a lot to do with mass violence. Every time there is a violent event the media is on it with all hands on deck.

It has nothing to do with easy access to guns, as a hundred million people have access to guns, and if that was all there was to it, then we would be having thousands of these events a month.

What would happen if the media just gave it its due coverage compared to its Breaking News and we will stay on this case until something new can replace it?

Even the social media is part of the problem. Anyone that can think of 140 characters is a star, and now they can send pictures.

Guns are lesser of a problem than alcohol and tobacco.

4. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

I think it's our society's hard-on for guns. People who are pro-gun post their weapons collection on Facebook for all to see, there are forums (often frequented by entitled and young white boys) to talk about how cool guns are and who they want to shoot with them (THIS IS REAL, btw) and the media's obsession with speculating on the cause of gun violence.

Leading cause though? Probably the decline of America - poor economic standing, too much uncertainty with politics, jobs, healthcare, etc. The abuse of power by police and feeling helpless. The desperation of not knowing if things will get worse tomorrow. The absolute lack of empathy for the struggling youth in this nation.

mahsa setarehposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more! Well said ...
      The media has a huge impact on what we think, how we say things, why we act a certain way.
      I would have to ask you the same question of...should we raise the price on guns?

5. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Young gang members killing people to boost their social standing and protect their drug selling area from competition.

6. JG Hemlock profile image80
    JG Hemlockposted 2 years ago

Pharmaceutical drugs and some street drugs mixed with usage of alcohol are the reason for these mass gun violence outbursts. Other than the sisi situations, the rest always have that one commonality. PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS! These pills have made people crazzzzzzzy. Most of the time they don't even know what they are doing.

working