jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Medical Hexing: When a health practionner tells you have 6 months to live

1. threekeys profile image79
    threekeysposted 18 months ago

Medical Hexing: When a health practionner tells you have 6 months to live

to me this is not a reality check. Its more of a voodoo hexing. Belief and care can result in spontaneous remissions. What about the placebo effect? Do you think the bedside manner by health practionners could make you or break you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13172796_f260.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12681123_f260.jpg

It ALL depends upon one's mindset.  Those w/a pessimistic mindset will believe the prognosis. They will visualize that they are about to die soon & adopt a fearful lifestyle.  They will approach their life in a cautious manner.  They see their death & act accordingly.  They will believe that they have no hope regarding their life.  They will prepare their loved ones of their eventually demise.  They may even become more vulnerable & helpless, depending upon their loves as they portend that the end is going to come.

However, those with an optimistic mindset will dismiss the prognosis.  They will assert that the doctor isn't God & they will take charge of their health.  They will find positive means to further retard the illness.  Some among them will even find ways to care the illness at hand.  They are of the school that no human can predict when they will die.  They will continue to live life at full force.  They will adopt positive visualization pertaining to their illness as they AREN'T about to succumb to this medical prophecy.

threekeysposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Yes I think its how you can move yourself in the direction of relaxation (optimism, faith that its possible not impossible) or direction of stress (scaring yourself). Easy said done by far. Eric would definetely know...

3. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 18 months ago

Been there and done that. Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma with pancreatic involvement, Stage 4. 4 weeks tops.
    God made clear to me immediately that He was not done with me being on earth. How many examples must there be of a person being told they can't and that made them do it? Flight, Moon, sound barrier, Internet, Mt Rushmore, Golden Gate Bridge, Everest without oxigen, 4 minute mile -- to name but a few fun ones.

You are a walking miracle.
      Eric what did you say to yourself, or assume, to be here today? Did this health situation move you to the ministry?

2. Ericdierker profile image57
      Ericdierkerposted 18 months agoin reply to this

The Doc who told me was a very dear and long time family friend. But as soon as the words were spoken I had a very strong feeling of serenity. I really do not think there was a full second of fear. I reckon it did lead me to ministry. Maybe :-)

3. threekeys profile image79

Serenity...its a "big" thing to do...I don't know how you did it. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you.

working