jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you hate dentist appointments?

1. DH Reviews profile image53
    DH Reviewsposted 17 months ago

Do you hate dentist appointments?

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 17 months ago

No. In fact I used to have a crush on my dentist. This was years ago when I was still young and silly. I needed a dentist and a friend gave me the number of her dentist so I called and made an appointment. It turned out that her dentist had retired and sold his practice to this young guy. Boy was he cute. He had sandy colored hair, twinkly blue eyes, a beautiful smile, a great sense of humor, and funny stories to keep you entertained through your whole visit. I was so comfortable when I went for an appointment that I would fall asleep in the chair while waiting for him to come in the room. One time he said he wished all his patients were like me. I just smiled.
    Funny story: One time I had to have some bridgework done and the way they used to do it was prepare the teeth on either side of the missing tooth for the bridge then make the molds, put temporary caps on the prepared teeth and come back whenever the bridge was ready. So off I go with my two temporary caps. You know how sometimes things don't really occur to you until after you've done something kind of dumb? Well, I had a part time job at one of the local department stores and that night I was working in the stationery section. The great thing about the stationery section was that it covered the candy counter. Now the rule on the candy was that we weren't allowed to open any of the candy but if a bag broke open we could put the candy out for people to eat. Naturally candy bags broke open all the time. This night I got to pick out the bag that broke open and I pick my favorite, caramels. I no sooner had one of the caramels in my mouth when I realized I had little hard objects in my mouth. I grabbed a napkin and spit out the candy and there were my two little temporary caps stuck in the caramel. I was in a panic. I ran upstairs to the pay phone, looked up my dentist in the phone book, called at something like 8 at night and told him my caps had fallen off. He asked what I had done. It only took a split second for me to say--"Nothing! They just fell off." I went in the next morning and he put two more temporary caps on and told me to watch what I ate this time. I don't think he believed me about them just falling off.

DH Reviewsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I get nervous having guys anywhere near my face or in my personal space.

3. Paxash profile image98
    Paxashposted 17 months ago

I used to love the dentist as a kid because we went to one that specialized in children and had all kinds of toys and even an NES and Sega Genesis set up in the waiting room.

Now I can't stand it because the only dentist anywhere near where I currently live loves to keep me waiting around for 30 minutes to an hour at a time while I watch people walk in and out around me.

DH Reviewsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I'm more annoyed with my personal space being invaded.

working