Should or shouldn't we drink water while eating ? Why?

1. Omar Eldamsheety profile image67
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 14 months ago

Should or shouldn't we drink water while eating ? Why?

Some doctors say that we should drink water before eating and don't do that while we are eating ... and some doctors say, no problem ... what is the right and what is the wrong ?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 14 months ago

Take a look at what happens in Nature.  Animals eat, then later,when thirsty, they drink.  You might think, "Ah, this is because water is not always readily available near their food source."   If you think that, take a look at your pet dog or cat.   They eat and drink at separate times.  They do not stick their head in the food bowl, take a mouthful, and then take a sip of water, before returning to eating.

The point is our stomach acid is there to help with our digestion.  If we pour water into it we dilute that acid to some extent.  At least, that's my reasoning.

So my advice.  Eat.  Then, a little later, have a drink to quench your thirst.

This is not to say that I don't have a glass of wine with a meal, or even an occasional beer.   But as a habit - keep eating and drinking to quench your thirst separate.

working