jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do I control my diabetes ?

1. profile image56
    Keila Topeteposted 11 months ago

How do I control my diabetes ?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 11 months ago

This is a question you should ask your doctor. Diabetes is not something you should treat casually. It's a serious medical problem, and not monitoring it properly can result in blindness, serious infections, heart problems, or death.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 11 months ago

This is a very serious condition, I have type 2. Talk to your dr or pharmacist. There are also classes provided by Most hospitals. If you need diatary help, then ask your dr about seeing a nutrionist.

1. Terrielynn1 profile image94
      Terrielynn1posted 11 months agoin reply to this

I have written a hub on type 2 you might want to read it.

4. profile image72
    win-winresourcesposted 11 months ago

Hello Keila-

Certainly, meet with your physician and map out a plan of treatment.
    Start with daily exercise, even a little helps.  In many cases even a 10 pound weight loss can have an impact.  Try to control your intake of carbohydrates/sugars, even a little helps.  A lot of people find that a simple small reduction of "white" foods can help (potatoes, bread, pasta, sugar).  Think portion control, not completely exclude something from your diet.  Don't go overboard or you won't be able to sustain your new good habits.  If you feel deprived, you increase your chances of  falling off of the wagon.  Feel free to treat yourself  with a favorite food, in small portion, for your good work during the week.

Diabetes can be treated and controlled, but you have to be an active participant in your own care.