jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the benefits of being vegan?

1. radhikah profile image60
    radhikahposted 11 months ago

What are the benefits of being vegan?

2. Ann810 profile image80
    Ann810posted 11 months ago

One main Vegan benefit is having a clean colon, which prevents colon cancer. I'm not a vegan, but I prefer to fish, chicken, and occasional beef. Eat beef in moderation, not every week, due to beef taking longer to digest. Being vegan I'm sure would also decrease effects of cholesterol.

3. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 11 months ago

A well planned vegan diet tend to provide more fiber, antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds than the traditional Western diet. It's also richer in potassium, magnesium, folate and vitamins A, C and E.

Eating a plant based diet can help you lose weight. Many vegans experience a large weight loss when they first give up animal products.

Vegan diets tend to promote lower blood sugar, and better kidney function. Vegans also have a lower risk of some cancers, and heart disease.

I've been vegan for seven years. It's awesome. There is a lightness that comes with not eating animal products. I no longer feel heavy and sleepy after eating.

4. KsenijaZ profile image94
    KsenijaZposted 11 months ago

Great said Lisa! I become a vegan for ethical reasons, not so much for the health (I was living quite healthy, was vegetarian first for 19 years and I am vegan for 5 years now). Benefit for me is that I have a clean conscience, I know that I am trying hard not to hurt no animal (human also). Me being vegan means that my children are vegan also - and I am happy for that because I know that they really eat healthy (I can not imagine all the hormones, antibiotics, ... they would consume). They are really healthy, have a great blood, only catch some cold occasionally. I suppose it's because of the food (a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits) and the fact that they are a lot outside, in the woods, in the garden, ...