I don't get it...why is quarantine period extended?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 4 years ago

Can anyone help me out here?
    I understood the need to social distancing and wearing face masks to reduce the spread of the virus.
    I also understood the need to the temporary shutdown...
    However, It has been over 30 days. If my memory is correct, come 4/30, it would be 40 days. Why do we need to extend it to 5/15?

Here is what I do know.
    I and my wife are fine. Most of our family and extended family and even colleagues are all fine.
    Our neighbors are fine, and we see them when we walk around our neighborhood and kept our distance.
    The question or mystery is where are the virus hiding?
    If the incubation period is suppose to be 14 days, should all of us be virus free? by now?
    how would staying home an additional 15 days help?
    Something just don't add up.
    Can any health experts explain this?
    It seems to me, we just don't know enough???
    The so called experts are just guessing and flying by the seat of their pants.
    What am I missing?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGzBrOCkffw

Me thinks that might have a lot to do with it honestly.

jackclee lmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is not related to what I am saying. Treatment is different than infection rate. One drug is one of many that are being tested for treatment. new studies are happening everyday, Some have shown promise...over time, we will have some drugs for mitigation and eventually even have a vaccine.

2. tsadjatko profile image68
      tsadjatkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Jack, months from now when this is all over and the real data is available you will discover that the death rate is about or less than the death rate of the usual flu. Fauci will be going to jail for breaking the law and outsourcing the corona virus research being done here off to China but still funding it through the NIH. This was done because the US passed a law that made that research a crime here.

Bottom line is this whole thing, which in 2017 Fauci (who has a Napoleon complex) predicted would happen under Trump’s administration (!) is based on the globalist’s desire to take down the economy being that a booming economy was the biggest reason Trump would be re-elected!

Following the protocol the administration put out was all that was necessary to avoid deaths from this COVID19 but shutting down the entire country’s economy was not necessary. What’s amazing is that Trump still is surrounded by Obama appointees who will try to bring him down and he should have fired them all from the start just like Clinton and Obama fired Republican appointees when they were elected.

https://youtu.be/WGbYHJcMbz8

When Godless globalists are given the reigns things are never as they seem.

And then there is this if you still want to trust Fauci.

https://youtu.be/yojHSGtoDZI

jackclee lmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am not ready to go there with conspiracies...
        No one is that stupid to release a virus with no cure or vaccine.
        What is more likely is this virus is just too new and too different and much more resilient than previously thought. The experts are not Gods.

1. tsadjatko profile image68

Jack, you are clueless. You act like you revere critical thinking and then all you do is close your mind to any intelligent logical verifiable information that challenges your opinion, an opinion that can’t be acceptable when it is formed by dismissing facts as conspiracy theories.

Based on how quick you answered my post you couldn’t have watched either of the video links I provided and have no clue what is in them, but dismiss them as conspiracy theories which proves you are not a critical thinker.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Simply more Right wing BS! Not surprised in the least...

Yep another clueless person who doesn’t even look at the facts because he knows can’t refute one so he parrots the usual mindless left wing talking point “right wing BS”

So revealing, did you have to smoke a doobie to come up with that parrot king? That’s the best you can do? Well, yeah, we know parroting talking points is when it’s you.

World renown accomplished Doctors and researchers are just right wing BSers and you, what the h are you? A pot smuggler? That’s your “badge of honor” so you say.

I'm someone who uses my real name because I stand behind my statements and opinions. You, on the other hand, are afraid to do so and hide behind anonymity. What are you so frightened of?  lol

Once again deflection from what this forum discussion is about altogether and another lame effort as always with you to shoot the messenger. You couldn’t be more predictable or more empty headed. Common sense dictates that a person like you who brags about how he has to smoke a doobie to sharpen his reasoning ability would take care to be anonymous but somehow you deem embarrassing behavior a “badge of honor” to revel in. Absurd as that is it’s probably good the whole world knows exactly who you are.

And no one knows or cares who you are, nor what you say, because you're an unknown entity. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! lol

Once again, what frightens you so much?

3. vizzykiddo profile image59
      vizzykiddoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what the reason would be also???

2. bhattuc profile image79
    bhattucposted 4 years ago

Right now options are very very limited. Lockdown and quarantine are the only things which can hekp to some extent.

3. anav12 profile image43
    anav12posted 3 years ago

Total duration of quarantine shall be 14 days. All quarantined persons will undergo daily medical examination for appearance of symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

... examined for symptoms "suggestive of COVID 19?"
      You mean, if they test positive and are sick and have an actual case of COVID 19?

Give them a hot pink mask and tell them they are to remain quarantined until they test negative!

After they test negative, they are to remain in quarantine for 14 days.

Then they should be tested to determine whether they developed antibodies.

Then they need to report in to CDC if they get sick with COVID 19 again, even though they have antibodies. (!)

It would be helpful to be able to access a report center regarding actual cases and recoveries.

4. Deorao Kamble profile image65
    Deorao Kambleposted 3 years ago

WHO keeps changing rules daily. I am confused really.

jackclee lmposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The same goes with the CDC...the Dr. that I know and trust tells me they just don't know, but officially and publicly, they cannot admit it.

5. anav12 profile image43
    anav12posted 3 years ago

Extended the quarantine period for returnees from 14 days to 28. This includes 21 days in the quarantine center and home quarantine for 7 days. Because some symptoms come in 28 days

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)