jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Apple Cider Vinegar

1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Has anyone here tried taking apple cider vinegar to dissolve gall-stones, and has it worked?

2. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I have not. I do use it for food poisoning and it works really well for that. I get the impression that it is quite good for a few problems and it isn't harmful  smile

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years agoin reply to this

What? ....you get food poisoning and eat some vinegar? Like, regularly?

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks interesting Kirsten. I would have thought nothing at all except plain water to prevent dehydration would have been the best thing to take for food poisoning, but hey if the apple cider vingar works for that too, why not?
      Or are you saying it's to make you vomit to get rid of the food poisoning?

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The cider vinegar does a similar job to your natural stomach acids and helps you body to kill the crap breading in the food in your tummy and gut and can get you recovering fast. I had tuna last night with mayo and when I went to bed I woke up about a half hour later with abdominal pain, the first symptoms of having eat something bad yikes. I got the cider vinegar and a glass and bottle of water and used a cap full of vinegar and the rest water, drank as many as I could and it got the icky stuff to shoot through my system. Not 20 mins later I had to you know, make a deposit at the porcelain bank, but it was out of my system after that. lol

It really seems to work, the faster you use it the faster the recovery with less sever symptoms. I have used it after having been ill for a few hours (didn't have any in the middle of the night!) and it took a lot more before I felt better but it kept it from getting any worse (once hubby got back from hunting for an open store!) and since I kept drinking until the pain stopped coming it cleared it up in about an hour (almost constant drinking water with cider vinegar).

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

never tried it. Why?

1. IzzyM profile image87

I'm pretty sure I have gallstones, and apart from the low-fat diet I've put myself on, I've been looking around for natural cures. There are at least three hubs written on this subject where apple cider vinegar is advocated to dissolve them, but I wondered whether anyone can verify it works before I try it (because the thought of drinking it is disgusting, and I'd rather know it worked first).

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 7 years agoin reply to this

well, I am very sorry you are going thru this, as I understand its quite painfull. I would say there is no harm in trying it? It may not work, but it wotnt make it worse.

2. Faybe Bay profile image82
        Faybe Bayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here Izzy, this one recommends Apple JUICE. The vinegar, being derived from apple juice, is probably a higher concentration.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 802AAgVdne

1. IzzyM profile image87

Great link, Faybe, thanks!

4. Sunshiney31 profile image74
    Sunshiney31posted 7 years ago

Can Apple Cider Vinegar help to lose weight? Can it increase your metabolism??

1. Faybe Bay profile image82
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes actually, I wrote a hub about it which needs editing, truth be told. Two teaspoons in a TALL glass of water twice a day. If you have a cold or flu, two teaspoons in hot water with honey, like tea. Four times a day. That isn't in there which is why I have to edit. LOL

5. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Apple cider vinegar is excellent, apparently, for getting rid of fungal toenail infection. One woman on a forum I forget said that after soaking her feet twice a day for three years her fungal infection cleared up. So that proves it.

1. IzzyM profile image87

ROFL!! smile

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Thanks for that Kirsten. It just so happens I have the apple cider vinegar in the house, but not any apple juice, so I think I'll give it a go anyway. Better than sitting here in pain and doing nothing about it.
    And I'll remember what you said for the future smile

working