jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Great line about medical marijuana!

1. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 7 years ago

A lot more intense research going on about the effectiveness and usefulness of marijuana has led to its being a more respectable field of study. So much goes on physically that the author of a Science News article (Not Just A High) writes:

From a biological standpoint, smoking pot to get high is like starting up a semi-truck just to listen to the radio.

1. oscillationatend profile image60
      oscillationatendposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I disagree.

Smoking pot to get high is like...inhaling God's green earth. wink

1. fresnavee profile image57
        fresnaveeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I disagree as well, but for different reasons. This analogy is flawed, but maybe just because of the context it's given in.

Having any enjoyment in your life is like starting up a semi to listen to the radio. Therefore anything that brings enjoyment is relaxation is a waste as the analogy implies.

I would probably agree with this analogy more if it said something like, "Smoking pot to get high is like starting up a semi-truck to listen to the radio while driving down the road."

2. TLMinut profile image60

My friend always tells me God gave this to her and that it's way better than the fake (synthetic) garbage that doctors insist on.

Now they've come up with a way to vaporize it without actually burning it so there isn't damage to the lungs from smoking.

3. TLMinut profile image60

Hmm, I still like how it points out that so much goes on in the body, much that's beneficial, that just wanting to get high barely touches what's good about it. Maybe I should try some.

I wanted some for my son but since he's underage and it's not a legal and obvious choice, I haven't. We just made a major life change instead and he's doing better.

working