jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Calamari omega 3 users?

1. ManuelAtt profile image60
    ManuelAttposted 6 years ago

Hi, I've been interested in calamari omega 3 supplements lately and wanted to hear some opinions from people who have used this supplement? I've studied about it from a nutrition point of view, but was interested in actual feedback from users.

2. artist101 profile image80
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Never heard of it. I stick to flax seed, and fish oil, with awesome results. Krill oil, is a smaller caps and easier to swallow, but, saw no difference in effectiveness.

1. ManuelAtt profile image60
      ManuelAttposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the input artist101! May I ask if you take flax seed and fish oil together; and whether you take fish oil or fish LIVER oil? Thanks smile

1. artist101 profile image80
        artist101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

For hormone balance I took flax seed 1000mg twice a day. For just regular maintenance its regular fish oil 1000mg twice a day. New discovery most of the experts are suggesting, DHA instead, as they are finding that it is more effective. Krill oil is suppose to be even better, others are saying DHA from a natural source, such as algae, is even better. I've only tried fish or flax and both have helped. See my hub, http://artist101.hubpages.com/how-to-in … upplements The omega 3 supplements are good for brain health, cardiovascular health, and much more. I hope this helps to clarify.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Krill oil is more concentrated and is said to deliver more Omegas. DHA is supposed to be added not used instead of. Check the amount of actual DHA and Omegas not just the total mgs of fish oil.

3. artist101 profile image80
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Watch this you tube video. Dr. Oz, renowned cardioligist says differently. www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf-ow2aII3Ud

working