- Holidays and Celebrations»
- European Holidays
Holidays in Italy-Ten things to do in Tuscany
Holidays in Italy
If you are planning a holiday to Italy.A visit to Tuscany is a must for your holiday planner. The food and stunning landscapes alone would make this a holiday in paradise.When you think of Tuscany, Florence and Pisa immediately come to mind. But there are many attractions in Tuscany to make your holiday enthralling and memorable.
Ten Things to do in Tuscany
1.For a truly spectacular view of the magnificent city of Florence, take a climb up the 463 steps of Brunelleschi's Dome.
2. Take time out for a trip to San Gimignano, known as the Medieval Manhattan with its all conquering skyline of tall towers.
3.The Pienza region is famous for it's outstanding goats cheese.Recommended is the pecorino di Pienza
4. Uffizi Gallery is one of the world's leading art museums. It displays some of the most important works of the Renaissance, including works by Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli and Michelangelo.
The Birth of Venus at the Uffizi Gallery
5. For those who love shopping,enjoy the many jewellers shops at Ponte Vecchio, also try to grab some Tuscan hand made leather products.
6.If you are visiting in summer, the Florence Dance Festival takes place at the beginning June through to the end of July at the Teatro Romano in Fiesole.
7.Take a trip to the leaning Tower of Pisa and climb the unique spiral stairway.
8.Go to the Chianti wine region and visit one of the many vineyards that will offer you wine tasting.
9.Want a day off from culture, then visit theForeste Casentinesi, Monte Falterona, Campigna, one of Tuuscany's national parks.
10.Have a great day out at the beautiful and mammoth Piazza del Campo in Sienna. This is perhaps the finest Piazza in Italy and the hugely popular horse race, Il Palio,is ran here twice every summer.
- The Coolest Ray-Ban Sunglasses
So which are the coolest sunglasses?Wayfarers or Aviators? Either way Ray-Bans are the winners as they design both brands. For many they are a must have item, they are not the cheapest sunglasses. and most...
- 10 Unusual Festivals in Italy - Umbria/Tuscany Holid...
Parading at the Palio della Balestra in Sansepolcro The quite, peaceful and rural slopes of the Upper Tiber Valley, in the shadows of the Apennine Mountains are home to a number of unusual festas throughout...
- Holiday in Turkey-Ten things to do in Istanbul
If you are planning to travel to Turkey or booking your summer holiday,put the beautiful and stunning Istanbul on the list of places you must visit.The European Capital of Culture for 2010 is a place...
- Holidays in Mexico-Ten things to do in the Mayan Ri...
For anyone planning a holiday to Mexico, the exciting and vibrant Mayan Riviera is a fantastic holiday experience all year round.Situated 42 miles south of Cancun ,most of the splendid hotels are situated...