jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it that most New Year resolutions do not work?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why is it that most New Year resolutions do not work?

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 8 years ago

sometimes they're not made with a genuine desire and motivation to keep the resolution.  or there is no plan made on how to keep it going.  some people just do it more as a new years ritual rather than a true life goal.  a resolution should be something that one can focus and give attention to in order to fulfill the resolution.

3. SandyMcCollum profile image65
    SandyMcCollumposted 8 years ago

Because they set the goal too high. Take smoking cessation as a resolution. That's their goal so they spend the whole year, or month lol, trying to quit cold turkey over and over again. They might be more successful if they set smaller goals, like, by the end of January I won't smoke when I drive any more, and by the end of Feb I won't smoke while I talk on the phone or drive, and by March you'll only smoke half a cigarette, etc., until by the end of the year they could quit, making their resolution. I wrote a hub about this.

4. tyhannah01 profile image55
    tyhannah01posted 8 years ago

Most people get distracted with everything going on around them, and forget what there supposed to be doing, once they realize it the year is over...