jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

why is it that the only thing u can look forward to when the summer is over is C

1. just mee profile image57
    just meeposted 7 years ago

why is it that the only thing u can look forward to when the summer is over is CHRISTMAS?

2. profile image0
    Richard Stephenposted 7 years ago

I look forward to the fall and winter weather (I live in a very hot area) and all the sports that come with them.  I look forward to Halloween and Thanksgiving as well as Christmas.  To me, fall and winter are the best times of the year!

3. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

If you keep looking forward you're going to waste all of your 'nows,' the only time you ever really get!    Sure it's nice to look forward to things, feel the pleasant anticipation.  But what happens when you get there?   Are you really satisfied?   And for how long?

You need to give your full attention to the present moment.   That's how life comes at you; a series of now moments.

Note these words which I read in a telegram to a  couple getting married, many years ago.   "Today is the tommorow you worried about yesterday."   So don't worry about tomorrow.   Look to today.  It's the only day you have - and everybody has.  The rest is either a dream or a memory.

4. wytegarillaz profile image77
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

That is sad if that is all you look forward to , what about the amazing experiences you could have in the meantime -- try new activities explore new places  make the most of NOW!

working