jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

the only thing I don't like about Hubpages

1. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 6 years ago

is the fact that there is no message system. I want to be able to send messages to my friends!

Hubpages admin, what's up with that?

1. kmackey32 profile image60
      kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can send private messages on there profile to there email....

1. princess g profile image60
        princess gposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know that, thanks kmackey

although I am not seeing it now but I used to send messages all the time....

2. WriteAngled profile image84
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Be aware though that people can choose not to allow private messages to be sent to them. Not everyone writing here wants to be stuck with HubPages as yet another social networking site.

I personally have registered an email for HP messages that I check every 3-6 months, because I cannot deal with a daily or weekly flood of messages from here.

Gotcha, thats why some dont have the message thing on there profile..

2. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I only get one email a day from HP...maybe you can adjust your settings?  I did, so I wouldn't get all of those, but it's been so long ago now, I can't remember where I went to do it. smile

3. Lisa HW profile image77
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

The vast majority of people who signed up with HubPages (at least until very recently) signed up to write and/or have a place for their Internet marketing efforts.  The site has changed over the last few months, and I don't know how much more it will; but a good number of people still view it as a writing site and don't have interest in sending messages to friends on here. 

Of course, don't go by me.  I have NO online friends.  lol   lol  Honestly.  (Well, I have a couple of Hubber Facebook friends but don't do anything on Facebook.)  My friends in real life are offline, and I use conventional means to be in touch with them.  smile  I come here to write, and if I don't feel like writing (and also don't feel like working), I go to the forums (or Answers).

I do know that there are also a whole lot of other people like me on here, who hope HubPages doesn't get much more "social" than it already has.  It doesn't really matter, I guess, because if all the people who only want to write start leaving, more people who want to socialize will take their place.  It's all fine.

Oh Lisa, I am your friend...lol

2. princess g profile image60
      princess gposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've been here three years, but I rarely come here. But I  recently decided to put more effort into it.

And if I'm going to be spending a lot of time here, I want to make some friends:)

4. mega1 profile image81
    mega1posted 6 years ago

You know, I love that HP can be as social or unsocial as you want it to be, simply ignore the forums that don't address writing questions and issues and voila!  Also if anyone trys to be-friend you ignore them!  I personally don't understand the aversion to having HP be social, if you want to be!  I've developed some very fun acquaintances here and am glad to have the diversion when I want it - the thing is, every social site is different than the others because of the people who frequent them.  Here, it is people interested in writing and when they are relaxing they are different than others.  I like that a lot!

working