jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What kind of Christmas gift do you buy for a host family?

1. JArvinV profile image78
    JArvinVposted 7 years ago

What kind of Christmas gift do you buy for a host family?

2. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I always buy something that the whole family will enjoy.  There are a number of things depending how much you want to spend:

- Singing Christmas Santa - it's so enjoyable
    - Cahones the Singing Chihuahua - hilarious
    - box of chocolates
    - wine pack, red & white with cheese & crackers
    - movie certificate or card for the whole family
    - family parlor games

My daughter just got the Singing Golf Santa for our family to enjoy.. we just sit there are giggle, so enjoyable.

I hope this help

Have a nice day,

3. mirage erin profile image81
    mirage erinposted 7 years ago

you have complete freedom here, get something that they would really appreciate but something that is not so common, i mean wine and chocolate will be nice but after a second will be forgotten. i wrote a hub on surprise and unusual gifts if you want to check that out...

4. rogermac profile image84
    rogermacposted 7 years ago

There are quite a few gifts you can give to a family, but you should gift them with something useful that the whole family can enjoy. I have a post about some original gifts that go from games and piggy banks to dog training secrets (which is quite an original gift for a family). Here's the link, I hope you enjoy it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Gift-Ideas-for- … Everything

5. AndroidSuperFan profile image57
    AndroidSuperFanposted 7 years ago

If you mean a host family in that you are staying with a family in another country, then I would suggest something that encompasses the country that you are from.  So if you are American, then you could give your host family something like cookies from a popular American brand like Pepper Ridge Farm.  Or maybe something iconic like baseball.

6. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Something you can afford and something you really want them to have and experience.  Gifts are about what you as the giver would like for the person to whom you are giving it to experience. Maybe it's a particular type of food from a different region of the country or the world. Maybe it's a keepsake which will remind them of you each time they see it.  Once you make up your mind what you want them to have, your problem is solved. WB

7. ketchup101 profile image58
    ketchup101posted 7 years ago

Something that they can appreciate and something that is fit for your budget. Something simple but useful.