jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Describe a moment in your Christmas past which you love to relive.

1. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Describe a moment in your Christmas past which you love to relive.

2. profile image57
    ThePeeDeeWildcatposted 7 years ago

My Christmas memories are rather quaint. When I was a lad, we would visit my grandparents around Christmas. My father was one of twelve children and my mother was one of eleven. Cousins by the dozens, to quote Gilbert & Sullivan! Anyway, fires would be roaring in fireplaces and heaters not for atmosphere, but by necessity. That was the central heating system for those old, drafty houses. Someone would have cut a small cedar tree at the edge of a field and put a few lights and simple decorations upon it for adornment. It was hog killing weather. People at that time and place would raise their own livestock, primarily hogs, for their meat source. They knew how to cure meat properly for their tastes. Those kitchens had such a wonderful aroma with firewood, fresh pork, coffee, etc., blending in the air. It was a simpler time. People had a hospitality then that has receded over the years. There wasn't too much money floating about, but folks were rich in other ways.

3. onceuponatime66 profile image61
    onceuponatime66posted 7 years ago

To relive a past Christmas hum, great question.  My favorite memory is when my little girl who is now 16, was 1.  There is nothing more exciting than that Christmas with my new little angel (Jorden) blessed me into this world.  2/14/94

4. ankandhk profile image79
    ankandhkposted 6 years ago

I think the best moment is walking with GF/BF!

working