jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How would you describe the moment you first held your book in your hands?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

How would you describe the moment you first held your book in your hands?

Be it traditionally published, self published, or on an ereader. How would you describe that first moment you held your completed book?

2. LPinky profile image61
    LPinkyposted 3 years ago

M.T. unfortunately I have not experienced a published book as of yet but the moment I do, I will share my experience with the world.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

I'd describe it like this, M. T. :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oroH-NG3324     smile

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

It never gets less exciting, but holding my very first book in my hands made me very emotional. I was so happy and excited I was shaking and crying. I actually danced around the house shouting "I did it! This is awesome!" and who knows what else. Getting that book into print, even though I self-published, was a dream come true.

5. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11934370_f260.jpg

I can honestly say I was proud of my accomplishment and simultaneously quiet until I thoroughly checked it for error. Once checked and sure of its proper grammar, I released a most gutterly yell not unlike Billy Idol! Then it was time for the most meticulous Better-Half to examine the evidence. After it passed her test, I sent copies to friends and family and began to plan so it would not be a Worst Seller...

6. Eric Calderwood profile image82
    Eric Calderwoodposted 3 years ago

I guess I would describe it as a dream, since it hasn't happened yet. But I am actively working toward that goal!

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good luck! You'll get there!

7. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I was elated! It almost felt unreal to take something out of mind and create a physical product. I also felt proud to see it get a positive review from Publishers Weekly, Midwest Book Review, and Reader's Favorite as well as see it listed on Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites and in some libraries..
    However when the first (stranger) purchased my book I felt a sense of vindication for my efforts. In many ways I imagine it's similar to finally giving birth after starting out with a single blank screen or page. smile
    For as many books that are completed and published my guess is there are far more people who start but never complete the journey of producing a final product. It's almost like running a marathon. Ultimately it's the fact you finished it that satisfies you the most.
    Signing autographed copies never gets old either! smile

working