jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people make resolutions of new year day when they know that they'll not a

1. maheshpatwal profile image73
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

Why do people make resolutions of new year day when they know that they'll not adhere to them?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

It gives them something to hope for..a reminder of something they wish to accomplish...

3. tomsum profile image79
    tomsumposted 7 years ago

Good intentions followed by lack of discipline? Implementing a habit should start asap rather then 'I'll do it next year'. It is always easier to say rather then do, I think we are all guilty of that!

4. Joesy Shmoesy profile image61
    Joesy Shmoesyposted 7 years ago

The past few years I have called them life changes and didn't make the 1st the actual date for anything.  Now ask me if it made a difference....Nope, I'm going with the lack of discipline theory on this one.

5. profile image48
    haileeSposted 7 years ago

some people make resolutions to make themselves feel better inside by setting a goal and telling their friends about it. or some people make resolutions to take their mind off an old boyfriend or to take their mind off work, family, etc. im not saying to make resolutions to box out everything from your life because that's the lastthing you will want to do.Another way to say it, resolutions make you consentrate on the good and forget the worst!

6. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Because they are merely making a wishlist of what they would like. They don't really intend to resolve their problems, they just wish things were different.

working