What does the Holocaust mean to you?

1. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

What does the Holocaust mean to you?

My (10th grade) nephew finished reading 'Night' by Elie Wiesel, in English Lit and is now working on a project regarding the Holocaust.  We've been discussing what it means and I'm curious if others have any particular feelings or experiences regarding this historical event?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

History and the world have one holocaust, an ongoing attack against many groups, decade to decade. read more

3. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

This is a subject dear to my heart which I wrote about in my hub, Exposed Family Secrets Can Cause Dramatic Changes in Our Lives. (My grandfather hid the fact that he was raised Jewish until he was on his deathbed).
    That hub has a link to a preview trailer about a documentary titled, "Paper Clips: Amazing Holocaust Project And Documentary That Spread Worldwide" which is about students from a small southern town in America who started a project of tolerance and understanding that spread throughout the world. That project gives me great hope that an Anne Frank quote is still true: "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."

working