jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where were you August 31, 1997?

1. breathe2travel profile image82
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Where were you August 31, 1997?

I remember well where I was -- and just wrote a hub about it.  August 31, 1997 was the day Princess Diana Frances Spencer died.  I was halfway enroute to New York. Where were you?

2. xkamronx profile image60
    xkamronxposted 6 years ago

I was a tender 5 year old; so most likely in preschool!

3. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I was working nightshift in a care home for elderly people when the news broke on TV.

Myself and a younger carer had just sat down to get a cup of coffee when the programme was interupted and showed us the crash scene. I felt quite sick when the story broke. As a coincidence the young carer's name that I was working with was Diane! I'm not really a fan of royalty but I did like her - she was like the rest of us, had her ups an downs, good bits and not so good bits.

Also I'm no conspiracy theorist, but there is something in my gut that tells me, something sucks big time about Princess Diana's death.

4. daskittlez69 profile image78
    daskittlez69posted 6 years ago

I know I wasn't following the story of her passing.

5. Miss Paula profile image41
    Miss Paulaposted 6 years ago

I was on vacation camping when it came over the radio that she was killed in a car crash.

6. Gypsy48 profile image74
    Gypsy48posted 6 years ago

I was getting ready for bed and flipping channels on the tv when I saw the news. I stayed up all night and called my mom and daughter. We couldn't believe it.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I was home...going through chemotherapy at the time. I found out Diana was dead when I opened my front door and saw the front page of the newspaper. It took me a few seconds to actually digest what it said.

I don't believe there was any conspiracy. People can never accept it when a young and beautiful person dies.