jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Homemade or Store-bought Halloween costumes?

1. James Halpin profile image72
    James Halpinposted 6 years ago

Homemade or Store-bought Halloween costumes?

Out of the 12 years of trick or treating as a child I had 2 store-bought costumes.  The rest were homemade and were the best costumes ever.  My daughter acts like this is unheard of andnobody makes there own costume so I wanted to see if this was true or not.

2. Azure11 profile image92
    Azure11posted 6 years ago

I think that these days everything is so easy to buy quite cheaply so anything handmade looks a bit naff in comparison. Unfortunately it seems to be a sign of the times - it would be nice if we still spent time with kids making stuff but this is starting to be a thing of the past :-(

3. James Halpin profile image72
    James Halpinposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your answer but unless you wait until the last minute and risk not getting the costume the kids want you're looking at paying at least $20 for a costume they're only going to wear for two hours. With 4 kids that adds up to almost a weeks worth of groceries

4. HERBERT ubaldo profile image59
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

I prefer home made costumes it economical and you can design your own all the way..

5. profile image61
    MikeyPeteposted 3 years ago

Definitely homemade. I can take a few items of clothing normally destined for the trash or from a thrift shop. I am working on a hobo costume fot this year and the basic costume itself I found around home and the boots I bought for $2.00 at a thrift shop. Figuring I'll spend about $20 total including accesories and a button for the jeans.