jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you normally buy or make your children's Halloween costumes? My daughter want

1. angela_michelle profile image98
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

Do you normally buy or make your children's Halloween costumes? My daughter wants a vampire...

costume, any suggestions?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I grew up in a household where we made costumes.  Both kids and adults worked together on the outfits (crafting and sewing) and it made it really fun.

BTW, here's some advice for you and your daughter for her costume,

http://hubpages.com/hub/DIY_Vampire_Makeup

3. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 7 years ago

In my opinion there is only one good Halloween costume.

POWER RANGERS!!!

smile

And, I think we should let the kids make their own costume or let them use their own pocket money to buy their own Halloween costume or let them wash your car to earn money to buy their own Halloween costume.  We don't want our children growing up to be little spoil Prince and Princess, right? 

smile

4. Loveslove profile image57
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

I have made dancing costumes for my daughter now for 24 years ( she is now 27) ..thought it was over then I got 3 grandaughters !!!

I always make any costumes they may need  for Halloween , parties or dancing shows..we recycle old ones sometimes ,and I encourage the girls to help , teaching them to use the machine etc. We also make costumes for the boys sometimes but they are always ghosts and Ghouls and all things horrible !

Try the internet for costume suggestions .....look under Childrens Fancy Dress, and good luck !!

5. shellyakins profile image70
    shellyakinsposted 7 years ago

For a vampire, you can probably find a lot of what you need around the house or a stores like Goodwill.  Let your daughter help design, price and put together her costume.  That way you're still working together on the project, but you don't have to create the whole thing from scratch.

6. Thunder Vixen profile image60
    Thunder Vixenposted 7 years ago

I always make, they come out way cooler, they are funner to so, and way cheaper...you really can't go wrong...I mean it gives you so much flexibility. I have been a parrot, sylvester, and the energizer bunny because of it.

7. Abecedarian profile image77
    Abecedarianposted 7 years ago

I use to make my girls costumes, but now the fabric is outrageous.  You can go to a second hand store and find a prom/party dress (but get it now- in a month, you won't find any) and then all you have to buy is a cape (you can get one for under $5 at a five and dime type store or under $15 at some place like Walmart/Target etc.

8. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Make them, always...not only do you end up with a better costume, it's also a great parent/child project which makes for a more memorable holiday, and then you have something that no one else is wearing. I had to buy a costume for my son one year, and it just wasn't all that fun when he could see kids wandering down the street dressed exactly the same. Store-bought costumes are also generally very cheaply-made and don't fit as well as homemade ones. Alternatively, check Etsy for some great costume makers smile.

working