Weekly Topic Inspiration: Halloween

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Weekly Topic Inspiration: Halloween

When it comes to writing about holidays, publishing way ahead of time makes a difference, so if you plan on writing some Halloween Hubs, now's the time to do so!
    Here are some of the things folks search for regarding the topic: halloween recipes, halloween pictures, cheap halloween costumes, history of halloween, halloween city, halloween party, adult halloween costumes, funny halloween costumes, halloween ideas, halloween crafts, halloween music, baby halloween costumes, easy halloween costumes, kids halloween costumes, and couples halloween costumes.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3346990_f260.jpg

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 12 years ago

I love Halloween!  It is good to know this is the best time to start focusing on Halloween hubs.  Thanks!

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I'm going to working on a hub about my favourite movies for Halloween-classic studio era of course (I say of course for people who know my love of this era). For actors who spent their careers in horror films -Price, Karloff etc. -I will just include one each. I expect my preferences  may surprise  people as they are not always movies that are  still well known titles.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

This article covers a few games and one serious practical joke to play at a Halloween party. All the guests must love fun and be good sports. read more

5. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Fun, easy Halloween costumes for kids. Easy and inexpensive Halloween costumes are as close as your grannie's attic, or the nearest second-hand clothing store. read more

6. randomcreative profile image87
    randomcreativeposted 12 years ago

This is a hub with 10 homemade kid and baby Halloween costume patterns.  I include photos and links for all of them.  I include additional resources at the end of the hub. read more

7. avorodisa profile image78
    avorodisaposted 12 years ago

Halloween can be fun for both children and the adults. It is a very specific holiday and it can give inspiration to many contests and other funny activities. On a Halloween party, we can play such games as "Wandering light", "The mummy", "Ghost hunt", "Evil bag", "Save your eye", "Fortune-teller", "Witches' dance". read more

8. weestro profile image77
    weestroposted 12 years ago

Quick and easy ideas for finding inexpensive halloween costumes for adults at The Goodwill:

http://weestro.hubpages.com/hub/Goodwil … -the-cheap

Thanks

9. bwhite062007 profile image90
    bwhite062007posted 12 years ago

Check out the scariest Halloween attractions around the United States

http://bwhite062007.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … tions?done

10. moiragallaga profile image76
    moiragallagaposted 12 years ago

Fed up of the same old Halloween party, bobbing for apple indoors? Why not take the fright and fun outside, using different locations to give your party a spooky edge? This article outlines 3 ideas for outdoors Halloween get-togethers, including decorations,games and how to hold your party responsibly. read more

11. Jeannieinabottle profile image92

Looking for a totally creepy Halloween costume this year?  Why not dress like your favorite character from the movie Insidious?  It's fun and not everyone else is doing it. read more

12. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

How to make scary Halloween yard decorations from things you have on hand or can purchase inexpensively. read more

13. Bubblegum Senpai profile image86
    Bubblegum Senpaiposted 12 years ago

Are you a fan of anime? Looking for something to do on Halloween? Try hosting a "Soul Eater" themed party! read more

14. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

In order to make your 2016 Halloween Costumes the best they can be, you should check out the newest hats, wigs, masks and accessories. Find great accessories and wigs for the whole family. read more

15. profile image51
    popaholicposted 12 years ago

My friends and I are doing a Twilight movie marathon and at the end we are capping it off with a corn maze! I wrote a lot about our plans here: http://popaholic.hubpages.com/hub/Twili … e-Marathon

Check it out!

16. Neerizzle profile image70
    Neerizzleposted 12 years ago

What would be a great Halloween party without great music? There are many lists out there that focus on music for Halloween, but in making this list, I kept it fairly recent, and with a diverse selection. read more

17. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Save your cash and have fun with your kids this Halloween creating these fun, pretty, and easy-to-sew Gypsy Girl and Princess costumes. read more

18. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

Complete your Halloween costume with the best face painting ideas for kids. Learn how to face paint with these easy step by step photo tutorials. Great ideas you can easily do with kids. read more

19. Jeannieinabottle profile image92

Fist pump your way through Halloween with this guide to dressing like your favorite Jersey Shore cast members. read more

20. cljonesmusic profile image62
    cljonesmusicposted 12 years ago

http://cljonesmusic.hubpages.com/hub/Nu … rHalloween

Here is my post. I wrote about some creative ways of thinking about costumes.

21. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 12 years ago

Simone, How do you do this?  You present a topic I swear I will never write on. Then bam! There is my hub. You have just done it again

22. Azure11 profile image85
    Azure11posted 12 years ago

Looking for a replica skull for your Halloween celebrations? Check out these fun skull options! read more

23. Jeannieinabottle profile image92

Tired of dressing up in your '80s outfit or '50s girl attire every Halloween?  Why not try a different decade?  You can put together a great '90s Halloween costume with little or no effort at all! read more

24. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 12 years ago

Why are ghosts and witches associated with Halloween. Plus some good scary quotes read more

25. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 12 years ago

If traditional Halloween food is boring check out what you can do to make interesting snacks at home. 8 Halloween food ideas and simple to follow recipes. read more

26. cardelean profile image85
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Halloween parties can be great fun, especially for kids.  Included are some not too scary ideas for food, fun, and parting gifts.  Give your kids a Halloween party to remember! read more

27. Jeannieinabottle profile image92

Do you want the creepiest and weirdest costume at the Halloween party this year?  Look no further!  It is time to dress like the Burger King before he completely retires. read more

28. avorodisa profile image78
    avorodisaposted 12 years ago

To celebrate Halloween with children, you can follow this scenario which is called "Enchanted forest". It involves different "magic" characters that come and give children different tasks to keep them busy before the final Halloween treat. read more

29. MaineWriter profile image41
    MaineWriterposted 12 years ago

http://mainewriter.hubpages.com/hub/Sca … s-for-Boys
    This is one of my first ever made Hubs for Halloween. I hope people can critique my writing and give me constructive criticism.

30. Stephanie Henkel profile image92
    Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years ago

Halloween is a time for witches, vampires, zombies, ghosts and werewolves-beware!  Here's some Halloween advice on how to protect yourself with charms and amulets to keep away those things that go bump in the night. read more

31. WendySingh profile image68
    WendySinghposted 12 years ago

I picked up my son's halloween costume at a second hand store in January! What a deal! This will be his first halloween @ 19 months and he's going as a tiger - I estimated his "height" back then...

Now...I could go as a belly dancer taking him around seeing that I have a ton of costumes...but that would be boring since it's my alter ego. Think I may go as a spider or throw on a blonde wig, some bright red lipstick, an sexy dress and do my best Marilyn Monroe impression..."Happy birthday....Mr. Pressidennnt" Mouah!

But one more thing I saw someone do at the bulk barn yesterday was buy some orange/black sprinkles and when I asked her what she is baking, she said nothing but she sprinkles it on her kids yogurt to be festive - what a healthy, yet festive idea! Halloween can be healthy!

32. innoialifa profile image60
    innoialifaposted 12 years ago

Wow! I'm going to work on the history of Halloween, new here but gonna try make an impact....

33. J.S.Matthew profile image78
    J.S.Matthewposted 12 years ago

This article serves to be a guide for all things Halloween. We'll look at some Costume Ideas, Recipes and Party Ideas, Decorating Tips and Games and Activities for people of all ages. read more

34. Stephanie Henkel profile image92
    Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years ago

The Halloween costume you choose can reveal hidden facets of your personality. Yearn to save the world or retreat into childhood? Introvert or extravert? Find out what your Halloween costume says about you. read more

35. Jeannieinabottle profile image92

Not in the mood to be scary this Halloween?  Why not dress in the most completely ridiculous Halloween costume ever then?  If you can't be spooky, you can at least be funny. read more

36. reindeerz profile image81
    reindeerzposted 12 years ago

If you are a plus-size lady, you know how hard it is to find a Halloween costume. There are few options out there that fit a bigger girl, and many of those that are out there are unattractive or too revealing for some tastes. If you plan and shop... read more

37. Dave Powell profile image60
    Dave Powellposted 12 years ago

A little late to the game perhaps, but I just posted Part 1 of a three-part series. This first installment is about the years that my family lived in a house that became increasingly haunted while we were there. Part 2 will describe my strange encounters with "the other side" after we left... and continuing to more recent days. So if you're ready for a good Halloween scare, come to:

http://davepowell.hubpages.com/hub/Ghos … Met-Part-1

But don't read it in the dark... alone!

38. Erika Marie profile image60
    Erika Marieposted 12 years ago

How to Build a Halloween Village Holiday Display

http://erikamarie.hubpages.com/hub/How- … ay-Display

39. moiragallaga profile image76
    moiragallagaposted 12 years ago

Halloween is here and like always the question is what character to become this year! Well, here is an idea how about one of the angry birds from the very popular game. read more

40. alissaroberts profile image78
    alissarobertsposted 12 years ago

Looking for fun Halloween activities for your kids? Read to find creative crafts, spooky snacks, and fun family ideas to get your children excited for the upcoming holiday. read more

41. Brainy Bunny profile image93
    Brainy Bunnyposted 11 years ago

Make a quick and easy Halloween costume out of a cardboard box and some common craft supplies. read more

42. LensMan999 profile image59
    LensMan999posted 11 years ago

1) Old plain ghost: Take a white sheet and cut out holes for eyes. Let it be short so that it won’t trip you. There should also be a slit for the mouth. Put eye shadow and lashes around the eyes. Put lipstick on the mouth. You could also attach a... read more

43. alissaroberts profile image78
    alissarobertsposted 11 years ago

Looking for easy decorating ideas for your Halloween cupcakes? Learn how to decorate pumpkin, ghost, and cat cupcakes with these fun design ideas. read more

44. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

Pumpkin Walnut Cake is moist, a little sticky, full of pumpkin flavor and sweet pumpkin bits with red cherries are great combination for natural sweetness. This cake recipe calls for less sugar. less butter and less eggs. Hence, it is nutritious! Great for Halloween party, tea party , tea-time and any occasion. read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)