How can you enjoy Thanksgiving when you've just lost a loved one?

1. baygirl33 profile image61
    baygirl33posted 6 years ago

How can you enjoy Thanksgiving when you've just lost a loved one?

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

oh, my. I am sorry for your loss. My grandmother is in poor health, and it does feel odd celebrating anything. We had  our meal yesterday at a restaurant to not make a big deal about Canada's Thanksgiving today.  If the person was ill and in a lot of pain, you could be thankful that he or she is no longer in pain. But in my opinion, there is no reason why you *have* to celebrate Thanksgiving just because it says so on the calender-especially if you see the holiday as a non-religious celebration. Some people see Thanksgiving as a celebration of the harvest and all that is great in your lives, while others see a thanking of God for all that you have.  I know people who are quite religious who will celebrate Easter and Christmas, for example, the same way no matter what has happened in their lives that year. But for a non-religious holiday, I don't see any reason why  it is necessary to "celebrate" just because the calender says so.

3. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

depending on how close you were the first few celebrations are tough to cope with... i hope God gives you the strength, courage and patience to carry on...