jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is Thanksgiving so important to you?

1. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Why is Thanksgiving so important to you?

Is it because of the food, friends or family?

2. juneaukid profile image78
    juneaukidposted 6 years ago

It is truly a day the family reunites after months of time, similar to tribes meeting together during a sacred rite once a year.

3. Robert Erich profile image90
    Robert Erichposted 6 years ago

Food, Football, and Family (and America!)

4. cre8ivOne profile image77
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

It's about giving thanks and sharing a wonderfully delicious meal with your family and dear friends.  It's also about taking a break from the hustle and bustle of every day life to reflect and appreciate your life.

5. MickeySr profile image82
    MickeySrposted 6 years ago

'My mom's stuffing' . . . I don't mean that for me Thanksgiving is all about me eating my mom's stuffing - I mean that around Thanksgiving you always hear people talk about 'my mom's stuffing'; when someone talks about how good their mother's stuffing (or dressing) is, like Thanksgiving itself  their comment appears to be about food (stuffing), it's asserted to be about being thankful (it's so good), but it's really about relationships (mom).

In remembering to be and actually being more deliberate about our thankfulness at Thanksgiving, we are in fact celebrating what we're thankful for - loved ones . . . those we love and who love us.

. . . and stuffing - MY mom's stuffing.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

This is the day, that we come together, family, friends, neighbors, those we just met, the ones away from home, friends of friends, and even potentional enemies, meet together,   and say, this is a day that we have been given.......
    someone knows someone who is alone.....on this holiday, during this celebration of bounty.....

BOUNTY.....................no pressure of gift giving, of sweet-heart celebration, no demand to honor a questional parent, no date of memory, conquest, victory to remember.....

Just come, eat, and be thankful

Be thankful for privelages
    For bounty
    For fortune
    For beating the odds
    For victory
    For withstanding the taste of  defeat

Just come to my table, sit in my living room, walk about my yard, my garden..........

Just come and reflect on the goodness that once came, on the losses you have faced, on what you look forward too.........

Just come, eat, partake, laugh, cry, remember, envision...........this is a day that all dreams and disappointments, hopes and loss can meet together, with no obligation to religion, faith or gift giving customs.........

Just come, you, and feast and enjoy some human company.

working